prices come up different on a search

Rachel17
Level 2
Box Hill North, Australia

prices come up different on a search

We set our nightly price at $65 a night and no weekly discount. when I did a search on my own property it comes up $50 a night and  a $54 service change. 

I checked our settings over and over and cannot work it out

11 Replies 11
Gloria3
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

i have the same problem..i charged per room but when guests book more than one room they pay the price of one room...i have tried to alter the pricing but i still face the same problem...where am i getting it wrong?

Rachel17
Level 2

Air bnb is very elusive as well. Dont seem to be able to contact them just these forums 

Hi @Gloria3,

I would just like to warn you that you are currently setup for DISASTER!

It appears you have 3 listings for the same location which is fine BUT you also have Instant Book turned on for all three listings.  You ARE going to get double booked and then will need to cancel on one or more guests and then watch the penalties fly.  

I see you have 5 rooms so are you open to having 5 different sets of guests?  Right now I see I can either book the entire house or two rooms.  

Also, I would post some pictures so I know where I will be sleeping.

Happy hosting @Gloria3!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Gloria3
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Thank you Dave.

That was helpful..i will unlist the other rooms..when i registered i was not well versed with the language of this industry..i am getting there..

i also want to put up the whole house for booking,am not sure if i put it right.

Rachel17
Level 2

Make sure you go back and look at your ad as a guest. Watch out for the weekly and monthly discounts as they will kick into default settings if you don't have them set up properly. You have to do more than just set it at 0%. It will set it at whatever Airbnb sets it at. 

We booked a guy in for a 9 night stay at $15 a night less but decided that's what the website said so we couldn't ask for more.  

Good luck!

Mark

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Rachel17,

Please take the time to read this post as I am sure it will clear this pricing issue up for you.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Wrong-Price-Showing-Often-Equals-a-Currency-Display-Issu... or https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Australian-Hosts-and-Pricing-Issues/m-p/16842#M4202

Also, there are ways to get a hold of Airbnb if you look in the right place (hint: search bar above).

Happy hosting

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Rachel17
Level 2

Thanks for the reply Dave and Deb,

Sorry but non of the information helped us at all as all settings were correct. I just checked it and now the price has been changed from $65 to $89!!!!!!! I hadnt been near the site to do that.

We took a booking at $50 a night despite the fact we set it at $65 just because thats what the guest was quoted on AirBnb.

I think we are done with AirBnb. 

I dont trust it at all and now we will have to wait and trust that they will pay us for our guest. Homestay much easier

Air Bnb has been corrupted or they are just incompetent. I'm sure I could contact them but they don't contact thats why you have to search to find contact details.

I challenge Air Bnb to explain all this to me

FRUSTRATED!!!!

Back to Homestay I think  

Hi @Rachel17,

Your answer IS in the two links I suggested above if you would TAKE THE TIME TO READ IT!

Let me draw you a picture:

Here is your price in USD

austr.png

Here is your price in AUD:

aust1.png

Here are the directions on how to delete your Airbnb account @Rachel17https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Delete-Your-Airbnb-Account-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/15730#...

I would take a look at yourself and learn before blaming it all on Airbnb @Rachel17.  Enjoy your time at HomeAway!

Dave

David

Rachel17
Level 2

Thanks Dave and Deb,

You are right about the issues of USD to and Im sure its something that I can fix but my problem with AirBnb is that is it not user friendly. I checked all the setting and all appeared to me like everything was right but yes it is something that I have done but Im reasonably computer literate and I'm lost on something that I normally would have no trouble with.

We like homestay options because we like the long term tennants but while we are waiting for new ones thought we would try this.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to try and help us

I do appreciate it

Mark (Rachels Partner)

Rachel17
Level 2

I appear to have fixed the problem by using the andriod app.

I dont think the currency solution was the issue although I do think it interfered. Everything was set to AUD both in settings and on calender but it still showed $50 anight for more than week stay despite the fact that I set it to 0 discount. I had to also turn of the long term stay to make sure it came up with $65 a night even on long stays.

Airbnb seems to prefill columns and have hidden settings that I cannot find.

Still cannot find any contact details for airbnb as it just keeps taking me to this community forum or contact details for guests.

I would like to see Airbnb's business model as theres no way this confusion is by accident.

Check out Airbnbhell.com and there apears that there is or was a chatroom available. But its nowhere to be seen now. The seach bar just sends you in circles

Oh well I'll use Airbnb while it is convenient for me.

Mark

Tiffany2
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

You are awesome!!! completely cleared up my issue about pricing in just afew mins by clicking on the view of the currency...

THANK YOU

VERY HELPFUL