pricing difference?

Kari30
Level 2
Langley, Canada

pricing difference?

Just a question for other hosters....on the site I have built, I have listed my price at $75/nightly, but when a visitor is going on to book there is a price difference $64 nightly....just wondering if there is any places I have not considered to check?  I have turned off the weekly and monthly booking so there should only be nightly rentals. 

8 Replies 8
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I think it might be a currency issue, @Kari30.  I am in the US and see your $64 USD nightly rate.

Lyn49
Level 1
Rotorua, New Zealand

How do you fix this

@Lyn49  Go to the Help Center and enter "currency" for the article about what currency you receive as payout.  Here is a portion of the article about how to view currency:

Currency view

You can view Airbnb listings or experiences in many currencies, but this won’t affect what currency you’ll be asked to pay in. To change your currency view, scroll to the bottom of any page on airbnb.com and click on the currency field to select what currency you want to view prices in.

Jerry91
Level 1
Sackville, Canada

I have tried to contact Airbnb several times on this one and each time i get a canned answer and no help at all. I have my room listed at 66$ and yet my payout for guests in October are all listed as being 40$ or less. I dont get this...and after wording  my question 5 different ways still I am not getting an answer. I also find it incredibly frustrating that it takes so long to navigate a way to actually contact airbnb with a question!

help if anyone has had this issue and got it resolved.

Regards,

Jerry

@Jerry91  When I look at the private room listing, I see that your calendar price is much lower in October than your base price.  So when you go into your calendar to change the price, your price is not being saved?

Hi Linda;

thanks for your response. Indeed my payout price is much lower..about 30% than my listed price. I cant change the payout price since it is set by airbnb. Very frustrating since no matter how I word my query its as if Airbnb just doesnt know what I am talking about!

Jerry:  I am equally frustrated.  You are not alone.  Very similar situation.

Bonnie

Kapsstone0
Level 1
Chennai, India

i have posted basic price Rs. 5000 for 3 BHK Apartment, but my guest says booked for 2000/- day.  my pricing shows 5k,but when i try to book it changes to 2k. how to change