pricing incorrect for monthly stay

Answered!
Lisa306
Level 2
Miami, FL

pricing incorrect for monthly stay

hi i have a $90 or $100 base rate and .15 discount for monthly stays and the monthly price is coming up somewhere around 960.  I have no idea how this is possibly being calculated.  Shorter stay calculate correctly.    I have been changing base price and monthly discount a lot to get it at the correct price for this area and maybe I made too many changes and tripped up the software. However, as I said shorter stays reflect the correct price.   I currently have a guest but since his price is set I dont' know why they would effect it.  Any ideas???  

1 Best Answer

Are you talking about this listing? https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7561639

This listing has the monthly discount at 50%. 

airbnb.png

View Best Answer in original post

31 Replies 31
Candela1
Level 2
Cancún, Mexico

IMG_4105.PNGI'm currently experiencing the same problem. Ive been receiving long stay requests from many people today and i was kind of surprised so i went and did a normal search as a guest in Cancun from June 1st to July 1st. My listing appears at 59 usd per month when Im charging 35 per night. Checked all settings and they are correct. Any idea on how to solve this? Thank you in advance.

Seven0
Level 2
Makati, Philippines

I Have a guest who inquired for a 1 month, the total amount given is only good for 1 day. 

How can i resolved this before the guest can book it. 

The entire month was block but i did not approve nor cancel it.

Will this be corrected or check by the admin?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Mendy5
Level 1
Ojai, CA

Has anyone gotten help for this? I just opened our account on Sunday, booked a full month today (Tuesday) and it was supposed to be $1402 and the total is $597 That won’t even cover the utility costs! (And I’m not even sure where they got this number from.) Freaking out on what to do! Please help! 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Mendy5 if you just opened your account I am guessing you have discounts for the first peoole that book and long term discounts. Did you check? 

I did do the 20 % discount but it’s the way the system calculates it. It doesn’t recognize the monthly discount rates even though they created the system! It only assumes it’s a nightly rate and then they have this random configuration but the way they explained it to me still isn’t adding up and I’ve tried every which way. They know about the system error but management won’t fix it and they just want me to cancel her reservation but I don’t think that’s right! It’s not her fault or mine that their system doesn’t work correctly and the fact that they know about it too makes it even more frustrating. Thank you for the input of the discount probably being added. I did originally take that into consideration but my numbers are still not adding up to what they have. They said they would send me a copy of the “break down” but they never did. Only an email telling me they know I’m upset and they know it’s frustrating but they are will to still cancel her and not let it hurt my scoring. (Even though I told them at least 10 times I’m not canceling her trip because you guys made a mistake! That’s not nice and it’s bad business.) so bummed in this company right now but I guess lesson learned! Sad to know They are about fake stars and reviews and And don’t actually care about their hosts or my customers. I don’t want this to happen to anyone else so hopefully this post stays and others know do not use the 20% discount they offer! Give your customers a 20% another way! Thanks again for your help I really appreciate it! Have a wonderful night

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mendy5 

Your listing shows a special discount for first three guests of 20% and a monthly discount of 63% (!)

So that's a hugh discount together !

You really must tune your listing and do your homework !

Call Airbnb and  mention you are a new host and made a mistake:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

Maybe then can help you out, so give it a try.

best regards,

Emiel

Thank you so much for your response. I know exactly what discounts I placed on my account. $125 per day would come out to $3625 a month which would have been 2 1/2 times the going rate for a furnished monthly rental. So I took this into consideration and that’s why it’s a random percentage. We have a lot of out of town customers who do more monthly rentals then daily. Also being new to this community I thought offering the 20% would be helpful like they said so we can get our ratings. If the system did the math correctly the customer signed up for the monthly special rate $1506 (/$52 a day when booking 28 days or more) and then she would have also gotten a 20% discount for being one of the first 3 to book with us which 20% of $1506 is $301. So now her total would be $1206 give or take a couple dollars if Airbnb adds taxes and fees. 

I SPOKE WITH 3 managers/supervisors and this is what I was told!!! Even though they provide this monthly price change for us to offer and my customer selected that the system doesn’t recognize those rates and it only sees the nightly rate. So they take the 20% off the total “day rate” first. 20% of $3625 is $725 right off the top! Then they make this my “new monthly rate”! $2900 (and now my daily rate has been changed to $100 a day without the monthly discount I configured on the price of $125) then they take the 63% of $2900=$$1827 ($2900-$1827=$1073)

this is the way they explained it to me but the numbers still don’t match up. I would even be fine with $1073 but they came up with $616. And the supervisor told me this has happened a lot and no he couldn’t provide me with any paperwork showing that they told hosts they would be calculating it this way. (Because it says 20% off your first stay and nothing else!) He said they have told upper management about the problem often but they would have to rewrite the program because the system just “assumes” it will be on the nightly rate even if a customer picks a weekly or monthly rate package. He told me the only way to get anyone to listen was to write on the feedback page because upper management reads the comments. They know about the glitch and it’s been happening since at least 2016 that I saw and no one has done anything to correct the situation. Their solution was for me to “cancel” my reservation and they won’t let her negatively effect my rating on my  page! How is that acceptable? I’m not doing that to a customer because they choose to not correct a system error. Even more it shows the correct pricing on my app and I had to call back again and have them remove the 20% off coupon because it wouldn’t even give me the option to delete it. I can’t believe they would tell me cancel this customers trip! So unprofessional 

If someone can can explain their math and how they got $616 for 29 nights that would be awesome! 

But to respond to your comment, I’m new to this app yes but not the business, rentals, housing, percentages as well as bookkeeping. So the 63% isn’t a random number it was worked out mathematically. (And also configured with that 20% in mind) I do appreciate the time you took to comment but if was not a mistake on my part and if you search this situation sadly I’m not the only one who has been greatly effected by this apps program “assuming” its a nightly rate reservation and not recognizing the monthly rate discount they have created for hosts to offer customers! 

If anyone else has had this happen to them  please let me know! 

Amber413
Level 1
St. Louis, MO

I'm having the same issue and Air BnB can't fix it.  Does anyone know how to stop my monthly pricing from coming up significantly lower than it should?  It's so very frustrating. I do not have any discounts offered. 

Terri326
Level 2
St. Augustine, FL

I also had the same problem with all three of my listings.  When someone books for a month it gives them a price of %99.00 per night.  My nightly rate is around $218.00 and the most I had discounted was 20%.  For now I took off any discount for monthly and it still shows that a guest can book my listings for a month at $99.00 per night.  Airbnb says its a glitch and they will look into it.......

@Terri326 

what happened: airbnb shows "add the monthly price" box to long stay with the $ symbol, and that means for a lot of us in US dollars, but, once you set, that are actually in local currency (Brazilian Real in my case).

All Airbnb are in R$ for Brazil listing set ups, but this fixed monthly price are with $ symbol, so, it seems that should be in dollar. But it actually in local currency. 

Mini1874
Level 2
TV, Montenegro

Hey everyone, I finally solved the same problem after struggling seriously.
Please all go check your monthly discount settings under "PRICING" (even if it says that it is "not set"). 
Then click on "Set a custom price for a specific month". If you are "lucky" you will find some prices set there (no idea how these were set on my account, I don't think I have done it myself, so maybe it is something automatic with airbnb???). And if you do find these set prices, just remove all of them, and then check again what shows up on the user interface ! 
Hope it works for you too! 

YES!! This worked! 🙂 Thanks so much @Mini1874! 🙂

Make sure to check the settings on the web app, not the phone app (which doesn't have all the same functionalities -- which is kind of stupid to begin with)

I'm 100% sure I never used this monthly pricing setting, but for some reason ALL MY 5 LISTINGS were set FOR THE NEXT 12 MONTHS (!) at some seemingly random price, not far from the price for 1 NIGHT! Seriously?!  (O_o)

This is crazy.

thanks @Mini1874. i've test your tip and thas worked.

what happened: airbnb shows "add de monthly price to long stay with the $ symbol, and that means for a lot of us in US dollars, but, once you set, that are actually in local currency (Brazilian Real in my case).

All Airbnb are in R$ for Brazil listing set ups, but this fixed montly price are with $, so seems that should be in dollar. But it actually in local currency. 

Thank you!

I had an awful experience with Airbnb Support Team. They do not know anything about this issue. I thought that I have no access to the monthly rate setting as could not see it (I do not remember setting it).  I supposed that the connection with the Channel Manger hidden this setting. It was hidden just where you said it was.  Airbnb support closed my message threads after 2-3 message exchanges, without giving me any solution or explaining to me where tis price calculation is generated. They advised me to speak with the Channel Manager Platform, but it was obvious that this is an Airbnb issue.

They do not read and do not implement any knowledge from this community. They are giving you a lot of nice words and a lot of marketing bull**bleep**, but no solutions.

Thank you again @Mini1874 !

You need a laptop or desktop. The option is not in the app. Click on the listing, then pricing and availability, then edit monthly discount. There you will see all of the custom prices set if you have any set. Then you can delete them. Make sure you press save. 

(This is the solution for anyone that has monthly discounts set up, but when guests book or inquire the discount that you set up doesn't make add up at all. I had a 15 percent monthly discount set and the "custom price" gave guests a 35 percent discount for like 4 or 5 months for two properties.