pricing incorrect for monthly stay

Answered!
Lisa306
Level 2
Miami, FL

pricing incorrect for monthly stay

hi i have a $90 or $100 base rate and .15 discount for monthly stays and the monthly price is coming up somewhere around 960.  I have no idea how this is possibly being calculated.  Shorter stay calculate correctly.    I have been changing base price and monthly discount a lot to get it at the correct price for this area and maybe I made too many changes and tripped up the software. However, as I said shorter stays reflect the correct price.   I currently have a guest but since his price is set I dont' know why they would effect it.  Any ideas???  

1 Best Answer

Are you talking about this listing? https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7561639

This listing has the monthly discount at 50%. 

airbnb.png

View Best Answer in original post

31 Replies 31

Are you talking about this listing? https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7561639

This listing has the monthly discount at 50%. 

airbnb.png

That actually isn't the listing;  I have two listings.  The one you mentioned is currently being rented long term.  However, I figured out it must be picking up the pricing for a month from THAT listing at (80 and 50%).  When I changed that listing; I believe the listing that I was actually posted about corrected.  I find this a bit disturbing and actually the current guest that I have for a month underpaid because I wanted to rent out and I couldn't figure out what was going on.  I hope AIRBNB updates their software.  Now I know how to monitor it and I may just delist the other place.  Thanks so much.  This was really helpful as I was able to figure out what was going on!!!!! 

You need a laptop or desktop. The option is not in the app. Click on the listing, then pricing and availability, then edit monthly discount. There you will see all of the custom prices set if you have any set. Then you can delete them. Make sure you press save. 

(This is the solution for anyone that has monthly discounts set up, but when guests book or inquire the discount that you set up doesn't make add up at all. I had a 15 percent monthly discount set and the "custom price" gave guests a 35 percent discount for like 4 or 5 months for two properties. 

Wendi2
Level 1
Carlsbad, CA

I have had this happen to me 4 times now. I keep getting people asking for my place and the price isnt even a quarter of what I am asking! Help!

You need a laptop or desktop. The option is not in the app. Click on the listing, then pricing and availability, then edit monthly discount. There you will see all of the custom prices set if you have any set. Then you can delete them. Make sure you press save. 

(This is the solution for anyone that has monthly discounts set up, but when guests book or inquire the discount that you set up doesn't make add up at all. I had a 15 percent monthly discount set and the "custom price" gave guests a 35 percent discount for like 4 or 5 months for two properties

Lisa306
Level 2
Miami, FL

actually no not resolved.  i saw the pricing on my listing that I can open up as a host as 1685 (see below) but when i act as if i want to book my place for a month, it comes up as 1000 something.  WTF.  AIRBNB get it together.  Not sure if I need to open a new posting because I clicked that it was resolved, when it was not.  Note: I did change the discount again. 

Long-term discounts
Encourage guests to book longer reservations by offering a discount. How are my discounts calculated?

Weekly discount
%
Tip: 18%
Average weekly price with 12% discount: $569

Monthly discount
%
Tip: 37%
Average monthly price with 40% discount: $1685

You’ve set a custom monthly price for 3 months.

Wow, totally weird.  I thought maybe cookies were affecting.  Cleared all my cookies, still showing if search as if I was a guest the WRONG PRICE!!!   I called airbnb.  THey told me I should be using google chrome.  Really you don't support Safari, are you kidding me.  Are you telling my Safari would calculate the wrong price.   Anyway, it ended up showing the wrong price for her too when she used whatever OS.   She is going to research why the price is showing wrong for a guest trying to book.  I will post what she says in case others are having this problem.   

What is the "tip" line you have identified here? 

Here is what happened.  Somehow, really have no idea how.  There were 3 months set at custom pricing of 850.  That is so strange.  I have no idea how I would have gone in and keyed in 850 for 3 months to a custom pricing screen.  Anyway, when that was removed.  The problems was solved.  I would have certainly remembered doing this.  So anyway, now problem is solved.  So I am happy.  Thanks and also appreciate all the great advice through this community center.  lots of good questions and answers.  

I have this same issue - how did you remove the custom pricing for 3 months?

not sure what you are asking me tip line??? 

oh i see what you are asking, the tip line is what is provided for by airbnb.  the tip is in there experience, that is a good percentage.  thanks for your help.  

Hello

I set my monthly fee for 850. The renters is now complaining that he is paying 877 per month. What is the monthly fee based on ? a calander month or 28 days 30 days??

Adri4
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Can one talk directly to someone at Airbnb about this issue? I am beginning to look incompetent or unwilling to host people due to this error in the system.