pricing question

Jorge314
Level 2
Miami, FL

pricing question

So my base price was 31 a night and someone booked 5 nights. Airb&b applied a discount that I don't have set up in my settings. So all the nights the guest booked came out at $29. 

Is this an automatic discount or what is going on? 

4 Replies 4
Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia

@Jorge314

There is definitely something odd going on here.  I looked at booking 'Request to Book' November 7-8 and it shows as $41 AUD per night then if I want to book November 7 - 10 it is $42 AUD per night to book, then November 7-12 is $43 to book,  to the 13th is $44 and to the 15th is $43 and the 17th jumps back to $44 per night.  It is more expensive to book by the week than by a one night stay.

I think the only way you can sort this out is to look at your calendar and highlight some dates and you can see on the right side "What do guests pay".  Click on this and it gives a breakdown of your nightly rate and the service fee.

It's hard to imagine that these variances are because of any discount that has been set up.  Do you have Price Tips set up on your listing?  It is unusual that the one night rate is less that the multiple night rate.  

If this is a glitch you should contact customer support.  Lisa 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245

I have beyondpricing.com Wich chooses dinámic pricing for days. I think the problem was setting different base prices, on the two platforms. But I still have to learn more But thank you for caring:) 

Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia

@Jorge314

Lovely listing by the way and so reasonably priced.  I was so suprised by the pricing breakdown I forgot to say.  Lisa

Bina3
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Hi Lisa

Am a very new host. 

I need help plse. SOS!

Air bnb should have an easy way to conact them.

1. I set a  base price and a higher w/e price.

Why does Air bnb not consider a Sun nite at w/e price??

Wherever I have gone Sun nite is always a a w/e rate.

a. How do I change that?

b. I like to set a higher price for NYE which is Sun 31/12. How do I do that plse? Do I hv to be in smart price mode to exercise that option?

c. Air bnb went and approved a booking w/o any consultation with me for those dates.

I am really upset and have snoozed for a few days until it is sorted. 

d. How do I best sort it w/o having to cancel the guest or be $$ short changed?

e. I did inform guest he may have to cancel at his end.......

Thanks heaps.