pricing

Gillian32
Level 1
Stroud, United Kingdom

pricing

Hello,

I want to charge more for single night stays but can't see how to set this up.

Gillian 32

13 Replies 13
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Gillian32 I think the only way is to set up a cleaning fee that will load more cost onto 1 night stays vs say 7 night stays. Depending on your market you might want to go for a 2 or 3 night min stay anyway to cutdown on cleaning efforts.

Gillian32
Level 1
Stroud, United Kingdom

Thanks, I thought this was the case but I don't really like to show a charge for cleaning - as a guest I would expect the room to be clean as part of the price! Most bookings are one nighters and so I would lose a lot of custom if I did minimum length stays. I will think about it. 

@Gillian32 ,

Has you resolve the issue?
Or wrongly clicking the solution button?

You stated,

“ .....but I don't really like to show a charge for cleaning”

In case you haven’t find a solution, you can request @Nick, On Community Manager to remove the previous choice. 

@Gillian32 

You could raise your price for a single night and offer a discount for two or more nights?

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Gillian32 

If you like to charge more for the single night.

Since your booking are mostly one nighters, you can try to list a higher price, and then set the discount % for the 2 nights, 3 nights and following nights.

Listing Page > Booking Setting >Pricing >Length of discount price > Set the % discounts > Click saveListing Page > Booking Setting >Pricing >Length of discount price > Set the % discounts > Click save

Gillian32
Level 1
Stroud, United Kingdom

Ah, this could be the answer! thank you I will endeavour to do this.

Best wishes,

Gillian

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why don't you include your cleaning cost in your day rate @Gillian32 ?

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

In pricing, I can only choose between weekly and monthly discount - but I see now that some of you can choose how many days the discount should be valid for. How come I cannot? 

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

@Dale711:

Thanks, found it, but I still cannot choose a number of days to discount. I don’t see the options 2-night, 3-night etc, like in your example. I only see 8 weeks and 12 weeks. I’ve been trying to solve it via the cleaning fee, but it is not an optimal solution for me.

I think I read somewhere that this has something to do with ”professional tools/platform”, that only those that are on that, have access to these custom discounts (and some other benefits)? And that you need to have several listings to have these professional tools?

@Trude0 Anyone can utilise the pro tools. Just switch them on - from memory somewhere in account settings?

@Trude0 

Good day.

Listing page > Booking setting > Pricing> Length of  stay pricing >  Set the % discounts > Click saveListing page > Booking setting > Pricing> Length of stay pricing > Set the % discounts > Click save

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

Thanks, found them and switched them on! 🙂

I read up a bit, and could see that these were originally meant for multiple listings hosts - but are (now?) available for all. Will have to read up on what else these tools offer, that I have missed and might be interested in.