problem with payment from airbnb

problem with payment from airbnb

I'm experience host and i had experience 04.09. and i never receive payment for that experience. I contact airbnb several times: 09.09., 11.09., 13.09., 18.09., 23.09., and 24.09. they closed my case. During that time I did not received any information from customer service, they informed me that they will forward my case and that somebody will contact me, but that did not happens.

Now i notice that phone app have new look completed payouts / upcoming payouts and i can not find that experience in any category.

It is not big amount of money but i was hoping that i will receive any kind of help and information.

Does anybody had similar problem?

18 Replies 18
Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Laura_C  could you possibly help @Nemanja23 ! Thanks 

Dear @Yadira22 

Thanks for your replay and support. I hope that Laura will maybe help.

Thanks.

Nemanja.

Thanks @Yadira22 , @Nemanja23  I have been in touch with the team and they have requested you give them a call at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Carol-Jo0
Level 2
La Conner, WA

Yes, I have this problem.  I have not received a payment for one of my reservations for over a month now.  There are an alarming amount of guests having this problem.  You just have to do a search on this "forum." My missing payment isn't huge, but if you do searches there are many hosts that have huge (thousands of dollars) payouts that they are having trouble receiving.

You will end up in a vicious circle trying to get your payout.  Here's how the circle goes:

contact airbnb support:  phone call or email, or "live chat." it doesn't seem to matter.  Someone will initially answer and then they will say that in order to better help you they will assign you to a "case manager".  

The case manager will promise they are working on it.  They will send you a variety of messages that try to stall or make you feel like they are working on it.  My case has been closed at least 10 times.  You start over again. 

My case has also been "escalated" (sounds very hopeful doesn't it?) many times by whoever the case manager is that is helping me that time.  This is meaningless.  

Essentially they aren't doing anything.  They are just trying to keep you quiet.  

My payout started as a "glitch" which makes it sound like if they were ever to fix it the money would fall out of a shoot and into my payout status.  We are working to  "fix the glitch" which is what they keep saying.  They just need to send me my payout, which of course they are able to do, they just aren't.

As far as my efforts have gone, it is impossible to speak to anyone beyond the "case manager" point.  You will not be allowed/able to contact the payment department directly, a case manager's boss, or anyone beyond the basic level of people who are not able to actually help you and certainly not able to send you your payment.

I have spent countless hours trying.  I have been a host on airbnb for 8 plus years.  This is appalling. 

I meant to say there are an alarming amount of "HOSTS" with this problem, not guests.

@Carol-Jo0 this is a problem. there a social networks like linkedin 🙂 and you can always find anyone from any company. if this problem do not fix for me all of them will receive email from me. 🙂

I wish you luck!  If you are able to get past their armor and get to someone who actually pays you your payout please forward this info to me!  : )

@Carol-Jo0 this is a problem. there a social networks like linkedin 🙂 and you can always find anyone from any company. if this problem do not fix for me all of them will receive email from me. 🙂

@Carol-Jo0 wrote:

I meant to say there are an alarming amount of "HOSTS" with this problem, not guests.

Eu também estou sem receber uma reserva de junho. Tudo igual. É desgastante!

Olá! Você recebeu? Estou desanimada.

I have been a host with Airbnb for over three years.  Until last month November 2019, I did not have any problem in collecting my payments from Airbnb.

I completed my obligation of two hostings in November 2019 as follows -

1.  Reservation Number HMAMEFWT2S was during November 11th - November 15th 2019 for 4 nights in the Amount INR 73,228.  Tax Amount INR 6,174 is also due to be paid by Airbnb.

2.  Reservation Number HMAJAZA3N3 was during November 2nd - November 4th for 2 nights in the Amount INR 8,184.  Tax Amount INR 982 is also due to be paid by Airbnb.

I have been requesting Airbnb for these payments for over one month now.  They finally assigned a Case Number 72544932 on 21st November 2019.  Case Manager assigned to this case is a fellow named Steven

Since then, there have been multiple empty promises that the payment will be made as soon as possible.  But NO PAYMENT has been received as of today 18th December 2019.

I request that my payment be erased IMMEDIATELY.

Thank you.

Vijay Vatsalya

Rishikesh

In the last sentence, I have a typo.  The word "erased" should be replaced by "released".

Thank you.

Vijay Vatsalya

Rishikesh, India

Michelle1658
Level 2
Coralville, IA

I have one Airbnb and have for 4 months. I have had 31 different stays, some short and some up to 2 weeks. All was going well until last week. There was a glitch with the payout and Airbnb company owes me $327. Been waiting 5 days and no help from them. Called their customer service 3 times, nothing, not even an update, so the person in there is staying for free. I'm so upset. What advice do you have? How do I get my money owed? Meanwhile the guest is in there until next Friday.

I have this problem too, did you get it?