problem with special offer

Adriana59
Level 1
Zagreb, Croatia

problem with special offer

I sent a special offer to a guest at a price of 490 eur for 6 nights (75 eur per night + 40 eur cleaning fees, i.e. 82 eur per night). But the guest received the offer at 84 eur per night + airbnb service fee amounting to 583 eur in total. How is that possible?

3 Replies 3
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

Maybe there is something to do with conversion?  I had a guest from south africa inquire about a room, and at the same time a guest from the us.  The one from the us yielded me $1 extra - I'm guessing because other guest was on Rand and there was conversion involved?  But that is only a guess.  Do you know if the guest was operating from their end on euro, or maybe a different currency?

thank you, i think we were both calculating in euros as we are both from eu countries... strange...

Tanya30
Level 2
West Vancouver, Canada

I have had the same problem in Canada.  Both myself and the guest are in Canada.  They wanted to add a few nights at the end of their trip at the same rate that they booked at the begining with about a week between the two bookings.  I have sent them 3 special offers and they are all calculating wrong.  I can not get the thing to work.  Any help on this from an Airbnb representative would be great.  I am not sure how the specail offer is calculated.  What metrics is it adding and why?  Something is not right here and I suspect it is a system issue.

Confused in Canada