problem

Andrea4409
Level 2
Milan, Italy

problem

hello, i'm new on airbnb and not moving well yet.

I had a doubt: I contacted an owner for a house and when I had to pay he sent me another link (I always think it's airbnb but I'm not sure and I would like to understand if it's a real link or is it a scam). the link is more or less www.airbnb.com-mansion-property.space/rooms / ..... the owner told me it's a private airbnb link being superhost but i don't know.

Thanks a lot for the help and have a good day

6 Replies 6
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Assume it's a SCAM @Andrea4409 .- Always use the Airbnb system to book, to keep your money safe. If it's a private link, it's not Airbnb, it's Ersatz, & can't be trusted.

ok thank you very much 🙂

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Andrea4409 that is not a valid link/listing.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Andrea4409  Congratulations on being savvy enough to realize this didn't sound right and not getting scammed.

There isn't any such thing as a "private Airbnb link for Superhosts".

You don't send $ to Airbnb hosts. You register your payment information on your official Airbnb account and when you book a place, Airbnb charges your credit card or other payment method. 

You should look on the official Airbnb site for places to rent if you found this listing ad elsewhere. If you did originally find it on the Airbnb site, please report it to them. The scammers are relentless, but we have to keep routing them out.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Andrea4409 If the original host contact was via the proper Airbnb site and they then asked you to pay them directly via a scam site you should report the host to Airbnb in an attempt to protect others.