/progress/earnings no longer displaying data

Jack36
Level 3
Denver, CO

/progress/earnings no longer displaying data

My earnings data is critical to my business decisions. This has been broken on the iPhone app for several weeks but this week it has completely failed on the webpage as well. The graph "spins" forever and then produces this error message: 

Error 503 first byte timeout

first byte timeout

Guru Mediation:

Details: cache-den19624-DEN 1560103108 2834914205

Varnish cache server

9 Replies 9
Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

You aren't alone, several other hosts are posting about this and likely that's just the iceberg tip- it least you  can know it's not you, Sally

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jack36 ,

Thanks for reporting this, I've shared the details with the QA deparment with a view to get some further information for you as sono as possible. 

Many thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Stephanie,

i have had the same problem since the beginning of May. 

Progress and earnings are bugging a lot on the computer and the page remain empty on iOS (iPhone XS). So it is totally impossible to manage my listings with an iPhone or iPad. 

I have called Airbnb helpline dozens of times, they told me that a lot of hosts are suffering from the same issue, and that the technical services are working on it. 

But nothing has changed and this terrible problem is still there. 

It is absolutely impossible to manage properly our listings anymore...we really need help !

Maybe things can change faster with you Stephanie. 

Kind regards

@Stephanie any updates for @Robert613 @Jacqueline642 @Denise13  and us others please?
I've now got the issue of not having my Progress page showing in a functional manner.

Thanks

Robert613
Level 3
Laurinburg, NC

This has been happening to me no matter what device I use (iPhone app, computer, laptop). It used to work occasionally after they changed the layut but now nothing seems to work. I get the sae error message as reported above. Everything else in "Progress" works but not "Earnings."

Denise13
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

I just reported the error of the 'Earnings' page being broken under 'Progress'. I have experienced this pop up for the past several weeks:

Error code: 503

Airbnb is temporarily unavailable, but we're working hard to fix the problem. We'll be up and running soon! Keep an eye on our Twitter account for updates.

If you need help with an ongoing reservation or for urgent issues, tweet us @Airbnbhelp.

Please note, during site downtime, our response times may be longer than usual.

Thanks for your patience!

I rely on this tool to monitor... well... my progress! I would appreciate a more precise explanation of what is going on as a partner with Airbnb instead of this pop-up as it is not really explaining what is going on. This pop-up is for a temporary unavailability, not a total breakdown for several weeks. 

Airbnb please give us a better understanding of how and when this is going to be fixed. We would greatly thank you for the better transparency. 

Jack36
Level 3
Denver, CO

Update for my experience: 6/21/2019 Phone app is still timing out but the web app/page is finally displaying again.  😃  Hopefully functionality is fixed soon for the phone and both places will stay functional.

Tristan106
Level 2
Reykjavík, Iceland

Well at least I'm not alone lol.

I still can't see earnings on any device I try with, after over a month.

I really hope they fix the problem soon as it is starting to cost a bit of money, due to lost bookings as harder to be dynamic with prices!!

Normaly I have nothing but praises for airbnb and the great service they provide, after a few years of hosting and using it as a traveller pretty much since its beginings. In this case there is no communication, no information given, and at the end of the day, paying for a service that is not fully there anymore.

Its a shame to have a reputation built up through so many years of great work go down so quickly, when it is easily resolved through good cominucation.

I feel the same Tristan, I used to praise Airbnb and felt they were incredible. Now I feel they are all over the place, disorganized and disconnected. I find having the 'Earnings' tab broken for over two months pretty difficult but worse, they seem absolutely absent of accountability to us, the hosts.