property manager issues

Yanick16
Level 2
Tigard, OR

property manager issues

Hello, 

We have a property manager who manages two of our properties and we just found out he has been charging guests undisclosed, additional fees beyond the nightly rate without our consent, and without disclosing it to us. This was not our original agreement/contract. Does any know if we have any legal recourse we can take through airbnb? 

9 Replies 9
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Do you have a listing on Air BNB?  I cannot see it.  If you do not have a listing on Air BNB I am not sure what you are seeking from this host forum or Air BNB.  Sounds like a civil issue regarding your management contract.

Yanick16
Level 2
Tigard, OR

I have several listings that are hosted and managed by the property manager so the listings are under him.

I was just wondering if airbnb could do anything on their end to help us out.  He's done some other unethical things so we may be having to contact an attorney. Thanks! 

@Yanick16 Of course you should terminate your relationship/contract with this person immediately and tell Airbnb they no longer have your permission to list your properties. I doubt very much that Airbnb will do anything for you other than closing down the listings. You can take legal action on your own, of course, including small claims court if the amount is low enough. 

@Lisa723 Yes, we've already terminated the contract. Okay I wasn't sure but thought I'd try to see if there was anything airbnb could do before we take legal action. Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your employment of a co-host is completely separate from Airbnb's relationship with the host (in this case you are not even the host as you let the co-host set the listing up in their name). @Yanick16 

Do prioritise having the listings taken down so the co-host can't accept further bookings.

Going forward do set the listing up in your name and then you can add a local co-host to listing to manage services you want them to manage.

Take your contract to a lawyer (wasn't sure what you wanted to sue your co-host for) and they will be able to advise on how you take things forward.

If you need a new manager for your listings please let me know!

Maria11770
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

For future reference or use of a property manager you should be on the account as cohost therefore you can see all payouts at the time it happens. If you have any questions I’ll be more than willing to help. 

@Maria11770 that's incorrect.  Co-hosts can't request, make, or see payments in the resolution center.

Olivia385
Level 2
New York, NY

Airbnb can not do anything about the cohost, they may flag their account or temporarily suspend it if they felt warranted. However, If you need another person to manage your property, I could definitely be of assistance. You can text/call me 929 229 2029 or email me @ christina @ juststaylocal .com