purchasing a gift card for somebody else that i don't want emailed to them

Jerri6
Level 1
Colleyville, TX

purchasing a gift card for somebody else that i don't want emailed to them

I want to purchase a gift card for somebody else for Christmas but I don't want it emailed to them - I was wondering if I could just put my email address and when it is emailed to me, can I print it and gift it to them? If so, can they then just enter the gift certificate number in their account to redeem it? I read the terms of the gift cards and did not see where this issue was addressed although I would think it would be a common question especially during the holidays. 

3 Replies 3
Marie405
Level 10
Taguig, Philippines

Hi @Jerri6, I always buy an e-voucher meal from a restaurant near my condo to treat my guests for their 1st meal.  When I order it online I send it to my own email then I screenshot the voucher and sent it to my guests.  I don't want to give away their email address to online merchants as I don't want them to get bombarded with spam or constant offers.  

Katie268
Level 1
Boston, MA

Jerri-- did you ever get this figured out? I was wondering the same thing and didn't want to order before knowing they could use the gift card I purchased through my account. Thank you!

Josh128
Level 1
Columbus, OH

Also trying to figure this out.