question on pre-approvals

Answered!

question on pre-approvals

Hello,

I had an inquiry about my unit.  I sent a pre-approval Tuesday eveneing @ 9:40ish. How long am I supposed to wait for an answer?  If someone else is interested, do I need let first inquiry know?

Thanks

Raquel

1 Best Answer
27 Replies 27

I have the same issue as the gentleman who wrote this message. I just want to confirm that there is no penalty for neglecting to pre-approve or decline a guest (i.e. leave the pre-approval pending indefinitely). Oftentimes, guests ask me questions first and then they write me to inform me that they have booked elsewhere. However, the pre-approval request is still active. What should I do in this case? Should I ask the guest to cancel the request? Thank you for clarifying.

I have the same issue. I have my place on instant book, but I keep being urged to pre-approve. AirBnB was unclear whether pre-approval would by-pass the verification process. One of their agents said it wouldn't, the other said it would. The site is unclear, but seems to imply that pre-approving someone who is not verified means they don't have to complete the verification process. This seems crazy, given that we use AirBnB to add some security element.

Robert73
Level 1
El Campello, Spain

I have pre approved someone and now the Calendar is BLOCKED for 24 hours ....two other people have now been blocked.

airbnb......is there anybody out there???????

Denise-C-0
Level 1
Washington, DC

Hello Fellow Host: I have an injury that wants to preview my unit prior to booking... the is not available until Saturday for viewing. So, just in case she is not pleased, which I doubt. I don't want to have her dates blocked or not available to others.

Now Airbnb is hounding me to Pre-approve or decline.

Jenny189
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

i am a new host. if i send a preapproval to a guest , what price is he paying for the room per night ?

is he paying the regular price i have for my room on the airbnb website ? 

the reason i am asking is that i have on my inbox page of this guest on the left side a colum saying : potential earnings 

& the price there is less than the price i have for my room on the website 

I am a new host.  I pre-approved my first guest.  I now have a request for the week just prior to the first.  When I click on pre-approve, Airbnb takes me to a link to my calendar and does not allow me to go further.  When I review my calendar, it appears to be correct.  The first reservation is checking in on August 12th.  The new reservation wants to check out on August 12th so I have no idea how to get this reservation complete.  The client is getting frustrated with the delay.  Any help?

Miriam120
Level 3
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hello!

I received an Airbnb e-mail saying "You declined the last 5 requests. Your listings could be suspended if you don’t start accepting more guests. "  In fact, my listings are blocked for over a year.

I'm proud to be an EXCELLENT host.... because I love what I do.  It seems Airbnb does not like that I screen possible guests.  I recommend that everyone screens future guests before accepting them. 

Why did I do this?

1) I hosted an ex-convicted who was 15 years in jail.  His friends rented my property for a "Welcome Week" I do not want to give details about this terrible stay.  I've rejected different ex-convicts, and other non-desirable persons. 

2) I hosted groups who prepared "wild parties".

3) I hosted ladies who work in the "oldest profession".

4) I hosted a "family" of 21 members (and others of 15 or 12 members) when my house has a limit of 6 occupants per stay.   I cannot accept more persons that the max. allowed by the City of Fort Lauderdale. 

For all these reasons, I take the time to research and screen people who want to stay at my properties.  They are located in an upper-middle class neighborhood, where I live since the year 2000.   This is a family-oriented neighborhood, and I'm proud of it and its values.  Therefore, I want to remain being a good neighbor and an excellent Airbnb Host.  I must say that most of the Guests have been excellent, specially when they are families.

As said to Airbnb before, I could accept any guest if Airbnb makes itself FULLY responsible, to me and to my community, for the Guests' behavior.  Don't I have the right to screen possible guests before accepting them?  Does Airbnb has the right to punish me by blocking my listing for screening possible guests?   Is Airbnb's screening policy (checking a phone number and an e-mail) good enough?  

Marie-Jose2
Level 1
Boston, MA

I have had now 2 potential guests who have abused the pre-approval 24 hour window. They both requested pre-approval then communicated with me that the booking was "imminent" (both used I will have access to wifi later) and asked if I could hold on the place. Then within hours of them arriving they cancelled saying they had changed plans. So since I provide breakfast to my guests both time I had shopped to be ready and was left with nothing. I find it sad that Airbnb penalized me for taking away a pre-approval but allows these people to get away with no cost and no way for the host to comment on their behavior. 

Am I the only one with this experience?

Starla3
Level 2
Shelley, ID

I already have my rooms booked for the upcoming eclipse, but I had a Family reach out through air bnb and want to camp out on my lawn. Which I did contact the guest and I pre- approved her. The time lapsed for her to replyand she reached out to me through air bnb and asked if I could pre approve her again. How can I do that ????

Hello!

A guest asked to have a pre approval from me and save the dates so no other quest could book.

I sent the pre-approval but I still have the dates available on the calendar.

Does that mean that the place is still bookable for someone else?

How could I save the dates for someone so nobody else book?

Thanks!

Susan869
Level 6
Lupton, United Kingdom

Accepting a pre approval doesn’t block my calendar. There is an option to block the dates for the 24 hours pre approval but I don’t.  Whilst having a conversation with the enquirer sometimes if they’ve gone quiet I send the preapproval then. It often reminds them to hurry up and book if they want it as they must see the 24 hour notification.

De-Sawah0
Level 2
Kota Belud, Malaysia

May i ask regarding the pre-approval matter. I've received few inquires and i set a pre-approval to them. Is it necessary for me to set the pre-approval for each inquires or do i just reply their inquires without pre-aprroval instead? because i've clicked pre-approval each inquires but it seems to be expired instead without any reply or respond from the guest whom have made inquires to De'sawah Tambatuon Guesthouse?

Tina673
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Hi, I got a pre-approval request, and the guest was asking for $1800 for duration of stay. The potential payout said $1851 + $120 cleaning, minus service $59. Total potential earnings $1912. I pre-approved, and thought it odd that it was slightly higher at $1851 vs the $1800 they asked for. NOW... they just came back saying 'I'm not sure if you were meaning to pre-approve me for $1800, but it's come up as the $1225 amount'. I'm confused, as I don't see $1225 anywhere, and only see potential earnings as $1912? Anyone experience this. Am I looking in the wrong spot. I'm new to this, as this would be my first pre-approval, and 2nd request ever. Thanks