question on pre-approvals

Answered!

question on pre-approvals

Hello,

I had an inquiry about my unit.  I sent a pre-approval Tuesday eveneing @ 9:40ish. How long am I supposed to wait for an answer?  If someone else is interested, do I need let first inquiry know?

Thanks

Raquel

1 Best Answer
27 Replies 27
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi Raquel,

You do not need to wait nor do you have to notify the person that others are inquiring. A pre-approval just really turns your listing into an Instant Book for that one person meaning that if they decide to stay at your listing, they can book it and lock it in. Airbnb seems to encourage guests to inquire at several properties so this person could have sent inquiries to a dozen people. You can also pre-approve lots of people for the same time frame and the first to book gets the reservation.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

My Case Is UNIQUE 

Received A Reservation request from Air bnb For MAy 2016 asking me to pre approve it 

I Pre approved it 

Once I pre approved and made a special offer to the guest  I get a message from Air bnb saying " UNFORTUNATELY YOU CAN NOT PRE APPROVE / MAKE SPECIAL OFFER  BECAUSE REQUESTED DATES ON YOUR CALENDER ARE MARKED AS NOT AVAILABLE " ??? 

I checked my calender 

All dates are marked ...AS AVAILABLE 

Booking request is for MAY 2016 , We are in MARCH 

My Calender says Available ???

Air BnB says .... Not Available ???  ...HOW ???? 

Frustrating ... and no one available to guide or give a solution to this rather confusing situation

Any help please 

I have a potential guest from China is is trying to reserve with me. She is having trouble making the reservation and is asking for my help. Under her name it says "closed." What does that mean?
Janice1
Level 6
Tamaterau, New Zealand

Hi Lynda

Sorry don't know what closed means.

However, be careful about messages asking for help.  It can be just a way to make contact to book outside of airbnb which can actually be a scam.  In my case I preapproved a booking which was never confirmed.  The guest messaged she accepted the booking and would stay.  She then used the street name from the airbnb location map, came to my street, and identified my house from the photos I'd posted on my listing.  She actually knocked on my door claiming to have paid for the booking via pay pal.  She wanted my "help" to deal with airbnb to locate the payment and confirm the booking.  She demanded accomodation on the basis she had paid but a system breakdown had left her out of pocket.  To cut a long story short I phoned airbnb who advised she was a scammer and I demanded she leave the property immediately.  If you value the security airbnb offers keep communications basic with enquiries.  I would say its upto the guest to sort out any difficulties directly with airbnb or learn to operate their own devices.   Get into more detail with confirmed bookings.   I had never given this guest my full address and contact phone.

Regards Janice.

Regards Janice.

How do I delete pre-approval?  I read up and followed instr but don't see the delete pre-approval option where it sb?  Note.. it seems to be once the 24 hours is up.. but I still sb able to delete pre-approval after that

Thank you so much for your clear and concise help!

Maxine6
Level 1
Lion's Head, Canada

what happens after I pre approve and then they want to add people to the group and I need to add an additional cost to their rental amount

Similar issue:

I have a pre-approval which came in for 1 adult. The guest's note states her and her husband. Shouldn't the preapproval state 2 adults? 

@Sam4573  Yes. Tell the guest to alter the guest count to 2. 

John-And-Company0
Level 2
Cebu City, Philippines

Pre-approval and Special Offers Should expire after 24 hours right ? 

Hello I sent " a special offer " to a guest who had made an inquiry on May 6th and on May 11th he "accepted it "  or else

he "did and Instant Booking" 

I can't tell which but I do know that any pre approval or offer should expire after 24 hours and the one experience 

I had with Instant Book first request that I Accept it . I'm new to Instant Book 

My dilema is the guest wanted "daily cleaning" and the special offer included that price but the Instant Book would have

not? 

thank you john 

Daniela54
Level 2
Rome, Italy

I received a "polemic" email from Airbnb because I didn't pre-approve the last 10 requests I received.

I didn't do it because once I did it and the guest asked me why I had done it! He was quite angry because he felt obliged to confirm the prenotation.

That's the reason why I haven't done it anymore. Many people write to me just to ask questions about my houses and afterwards they desappear. Should I pre-approve all of them?

Daniela 

I have a similar problem.  When someone inquires, I want to have some communication with them before pre-approving .  But the site does not give you taht option.  You must either pre-approve, decline or provide a special offer.  No other choices.  I guess you can always "Decline" and add a message - but you risk turning off the guest with a loud rejection notification.  

I'm having similar issues with pre-approvals. Air BnB keeps sending me notifications asking me to pre-approve potential guests who have only made inquiries, and those for blocked out dates! I declined one and had to provide a reason, even though they requested adding an infant which was dealt with in the listing. Now I respond to inquiries but don't pre-approve anyone or decline either.