"AUTO-SUGGESTION" LISTING ADDRESS INACCURATE - CANNOT ADD CORRECT ADDRESS TO MY LISTING

Answered!
Chad46
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

"AUTO-SUGGESTION" LISTING ADDRESS INACCURATE - CANNOT ADD CORRECT ADDRESS TO MY LISTING

I'm trying to list a booking at the Flamingo Beach Resort, address on Google Maps (& their website) is: Playa Flamingo Santa Cruz, Costa Rica, Guanacaste, 50308, Costa Rica, but on AirBnB, when I put that address in I receive a stop error and cannot continue to the next page because the address is wrong. 

IT'S THE RIGHT ADDRESS! It's only wrong to AirBnB. What's the fix for this??

This is the 2nd time this has happened. If the address isn't "pre-populated" within AirBnB then it doesn't allow you to continue. 

So after trial and error I basically entered the wrong address using AirBnB's auto-suggestion and was able to continue, where then I had to move the map cursor halfway across Costa Rica where the actual location REALLY was. However, now whenever somebody looks on AirBnB for a property located in Playa Flamingo Costa Rica, they're not going to find my place because it's technically listed at: Mercado Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, Provincia de Guanacaste, Costa Rica.

Which is not the right location, at all. 

Do I need to submit the correct address to AirBnB somewhere? Is there an alternate solution or an actual fix for this?

Thanks!

Chad B. 

1 Best Answer
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia
12 Replies 12
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia
Jane307
Level 1
Paignton, United Kingdom

I have the same problem as many of you out there: auto -suggest inserts an incomplete/inaccurate address with the wrong post code and I cannot move the location cursor on the map to give a more accurate location. This has already caused one group of guests a problemso now I've had to give the full, correct address in the directions section as a temporary fix. 

I know there are many experienced, helpful souls out there in the community but, doesn't anyone think Airbnb should have an easy to contact customer service desk? As fine an idea as their website is, it's not very user friendly and when a problem like mine occurs one is left feeling disempowered and frustrated.

Come on Airbnb, step up to the plate, be professional!

I'm having the same issue - the default address Airbnb overrides to is way across town from where the actual property is, and is probably someone else's house (my greatest fear that a guest will show up at the wrong house).  Thanks for the tip about listing directions in the instructions.

Denise280
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

How did this get resolved? I have the same issue.

Ga3
Level 2
Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Thailand

I have listed my tree house on airbnb.com since last October 2016. I found it is not difficult to understand. I did filled in the form for all informations and operate by myself.  

It was well until my latest listing…

I filled the address, but it was not accepted. ( No street address) the pop-up said "Sorry your address is not accurate enough ...." 

So I picked one from the pop-up choices that familiar to my place’s address (its is in Bangkok) I hope that I can change the address by moving the marker later.

I several times chose to edit the address in the form, and on the map. But it won’t work. WHY !

The AIRBNB app. always ask me to “contact support” and try adding a street and house number. And tell me that my address is not accurate enough even the address has been registered to Google map.

I contact to “Help center” by leaving a message since last week but no one response.

Please let me know how-to solve the problems.

Thank you very much.

I was promised by staff at the help centre that I would be able to correct the address and pricing once I published the listing. Now I find I can do neither, and they have closed the case. Very disappointing. I am going round in circles in the help centre, getting no answers, no help. I'm thinking of giving up now, and just deleting the ad. Is it worth plodding on?

Ga3
Level 2
Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Thailand

Last night I have got a call from Singapore. It's from AIRBNB support. So amazing & So glad for her help, Mikee is her name. I have a bad listening so I try to communicate in SMS. She give me a hand for making my address correct. 

But I still wonder why technical staff don't make it easy for everyone to help themself. ???? 

Jihan1
Level 1
Cebu City, Philippines

I have the same issue. My address is Pres. M.L. Quezon Street. 
AirBnB auto-populated to Quezon Boulevard.

I was certain I did not choose it. 
That boulevard is on the other side of the city. 
I tried to edit using the Help provided process below but on Step #3 there is no "Edit" option:

Edit your listing address

To edit your listing address:

1. Go to Manage listings on airbnb.com, then click Manage listing
  2. Scroll to Guest resources, then click Edit
  3. Next to Address, click Edit
  4. Edit your address, then click Save

Please help. 

I find the same. No edit. Circle won't move. We are getting NO requests this year because the zip code is WRONG. Usually quite booked by now. Where is the HELP? Is there a moderator for this dicussion? Have you figured out how to fix since posting?

Did anyone get this issue ressolved ? I’m trying to list my property and the auto fill is trying to list as the local schoool

Hi! I'm the one who started this thread and I ended up being able to send a message to them through their contact us page. Whether or not the "topic" is directly related to the address issue you're having, just find something remotely similar if possible. 

Here is the forum that ended up helping me out... 
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highlight/t...

Hope this helps you! Take care!

Diane1168
Level 2
Baden, PA

I know this is an old thread, but it just happened to me as I was establishing a new listing.  The auto address kept filling in the wrong city & zip code even when entered manually.  The auto address is associated with google maps and goes by such.  So if you google your address, you will likely see the incorrect address.  I contacted the link above and they told me there was nothing they could do.... but then they entered the correct address for me.    So if you have this happen, google your address first as that maybe the problem and then contact abb & tell them to enter correct address for you.

Here is the forum that ended up helping me out... 
https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highlight/t...