"Experiences ..... How do I save an "experience" on our wish list and search by city?

Answered!
Sandy8
Level 2
Germantown, MD

"Experiences ..... How do I save an "experience" on our wish list and search by city?

The new feature that Airbnb offers is for "Experiences".  Wonderful idea!  

1.  How can I search for an experience in a specific city or area?

It may be a cool idea or event but if it is not somewhere that I am going it is a useless search for me.  I would love to have the ability to search cities and have experiences pop up also.  Does this exist?

2.  Is it possible to save an "experience" event on a wish list?

This is one way to keep them in one list if deciding on more that one.  Does this exist and if so, how can it be accomplished?

Thanks!

Sandy

1 Best Answer
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sandy8 and @Gerry-And-Rashid0,

I'm glad you like the Experiences feature!

Experiences are best accessed through the app, as this is where their functionality is optimised. On the app, when you search for a city in the search bar, you can then click on the Experiences tab below where you can see those available in that area. 

You will see the outline of a heart in the top right hand corner of all of the Experiences listed - if you click on it, it allows you to save it to a wish list.

I hope that answers your question!

Enjoy your Experience in London @Gerry-And-Rashid0 - I hadn't even thought of doing it in the city where I live, that's a great idea!

Kirstie

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sandy8

Hi `Sandy, I have searched for this too and come up with a blank - there seems to be no way of searching by city for experiences. You can choose certain categories but it brings up a list of experiences in all cities, which isnt very helpful.

I have just booked an experience here in London, where we live, but only stumbled across it by accident - and it looks great. So it's a pretty major issue not to have a search function available, nor a wishlist function.

Thanks for your response and confirming the same challenges I encountered.  Hopefully your London experience will be a fantastic one!

How can this problem be communicated with the Airbnb administrators to make changes to allow these features?  It would definitely make the "Experiences Events" more appealing and more successful.

Sandy

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sandy8 and @Gerry-And-Rashid0,

I'm glad you like the Experiences feature!

Experiences are best accessed through the app, as this is where their functionality is optimised. On the app, when you search for a city in the search bar, you can then click on the Experiences tab below where you can see those available in that area. 

You will see the outline of a heart in the top right hand corner of all of the Experiences listed - if you click on it, it allows you to save it to a wish list.

I hope that answers your question!

Enjoy your Experience in London @Gerry-And-Rashid0 - I hadn't even thought of doing it in the city where I live, that's a great idea!

Kirstie

Thanks @Kirstie ! Had me stumped as to how you could do this - tried it on the app and it's easy...

That's wonderful . . . I can't wait to try it.

Thanks!

@Kirstieand @Gerry-And-Rashid0 .... is there also a way to save on a wish list?

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sandy8,

On the app you just click on the heart icon in the corner of the image of the Experience you like and it will ask you which Wish list you want to add it to 🙂

Kirstie

Keishya0
Level 1
Punta Santiago, Puerto Rico

Hello I would like to list a kayaking tour experience that we offer here in Puerto Rico...not sure how to do it?

Help!

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Hello @Keishya0 me too i would like to know how to add an airbnb experience. 

Keishya0
Level 1

yes hoping somebody can inform us..i do see france included in the experiences but not my island puerto rico..yet...

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Keishya0 and @Lilian20,

It's great to hear you're interested in hosting an Experience! The Experiences feature is not currently available everywhere, which is why you have not been able to add one. To see all of the current locations where it is available, have a look on this page  - if you scroll to the bottom, you will see a drop down list of all of the cities where you can host an Experience. As your locations aren't yet on that list, click on 'other city' at the top of the list and you can register your interest for hosting an Experience where you are. Airbnb will then let you know if it does become available in your area.

Hope that helps!

Kirstie

Keishya0
Level 1

Great Kristie, thank you for the detailed reply. I run a company called Barefoot Travelers Kayak Tour to Monkey island and would very much be interested in listing it when this area is added.
Assuming the financial aspect works for both sides.

Kind regards,

Keishya

Barefoot Travelers Rooms Guesthouse
Team Spirit Hanggliding
[phone number hidden]

[links hidden]

Karen87
Level 1
Queensland, Australia

Hi Kirstie,

Can you do this on a computer?  When I put in the location, I am not being provided with "Experiences" as an option, only date information and room type required.