"Help test a new cancellation policy for longer stays"

Ann10
Level 10
New York, NY

"Help test a new cancellation policy for longer stays"

I'm always booked all the time with my current strict cancellation policy. It's true that I don't have a long lead time, but I feel like I don't need this and soon they will force us to give up the current cancellation policy for what they want us to do.

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ann10 

What exacty do you mean by "they will force us to give up the current cancellation policy for what they want us to do." ?

@Emiel1-How long have you been on Airbnb? Just want to know before I answer you.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ann10 how very rude of you. Why would it matter how long any of us have been on the site before you deign to answer a reasonable question?

Ooops - just realised I am a newbie compared to @Emiel1 so I guess I won't be getting an answer.

@Ann10  I guess you aren't aware that you can click on anyone's profile photo here to see their profile, their listings, reviews and how long they have been hosting?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ann10  They often do beta testing for new features. You aren't obligated to participate, as far as I'm aware, and it doesn't mean that they will eliminate the current policies, just add more options.

@Sarah977-In the past they forced people to give up cancellation policies they did not what to give up for the only option available which was they can now cancel up to 2 weeks before the booking. For some reason I wasn't affected at least not that time, but many others were and they were not and are not happy about it.

@Ann10  Which cancellation policy was that?