random unblocking of calendar

Susan200
Level 1
Yardley, PA

random unblocking of calendar

I received a booking for a portion of dates I know I had previously blocked on my calendar.  It seems that AirBnB has had this problem for some time but they've not fixed it.  What's worse is that I have incured a penalty for having to cancel this booking!!

6 Replies 6
Josipa3
Level 2
Dubrovnik, Croatia

i have a same problem, and i dont have any more, option how to cancel instant booking, what now 

I have just experienced the same issue, not happy about it.

airbnb has approved in the same time as the email of request to book was sent by guest .....now I had to cancel and get all the penalties!!!!!!

Tchaiko0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

i saw that a guest was approved for her booking in the middle of the night when i was sleeping now if i cancel i'll have penalties. 

Paul192
Level 1
Halifax, Canada

I just incurred  a booking while sleeping when calender was blocked? not happy about paying penalty. Any way to contact someone from airbnb ?

Holly31
Level 1
Golden, CO

This has now happened to me on 3 occasions where it was unblocked and then I get requests.

Not sure who to contact, I have written in a Help inquiry.

I do not use instant book for this reason.

Have you learned anything new since this has been happening to you?

Any advice would be welcome.

Holly

Rose1430
Level 1
Seattle, WA

This has happened to me as well. The first time I thought I was personal error but it happened again today and I just lost over $20 per night for 4 nights in June because it randomly unblocked like 10 days and apparently decided on what the price would be. 

Actually very irritated about that. That's not cool at all.