rate droped

rate droped

I NEED HELP. I am new to AIR BnB. I have hosted three guests so far. All was great until guest # 3. Who booked for 1 and camera showed three checked in.  I messaged her and let her know that I am aware that  three people checked in and that is against the rule and that I would like to know what the situation is.  I also contacted Air BnB because one of the men started slamming doors. Then after three hours later she contacted and lied to me and AirBnB that she was alone, even though food was been delivered for 2 which was obvious at times and you could hear them talking. I saw one left some time later that evening. They even left a suite of clothes for the man in the hamper with the dirty laundry.  So because she was caught and the three of them did not get to have their way, the young woman continues to lie. In her review she put that she thought that the studio was something else all together and that there are cameras inside the room. Which is a dirty lie. How can I get this review off. I did respond but my rating took a big drop. I think this is unjust since everything is in the messages, where she did say she was going to be checked in with others and I advised her of the rules and fees and only those listed on the booking can check in. Which she ignored also. I need help

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Georgette39   You only have three reviews so any review that is less than 5 will lower your rating.  I read the review in question, and your response may have added to the negative impression.  It is best to realize that the host response to a review has an audience of potential guests.  Being short and professional rather that defensive and accusatory will play better with potential guests.  Something like, "It appears that XX misunderstood the listing description and rules.  It is our hope that guests will appreciate this attached studio and amenities."

BTW I was not able to determine the studio was attatched either, so perhaps you need to add that to your description and even have an exterior shot showing the proximity of the studio to your home.  You can spin that proximity in a positive manner such as emphasizing your availability to quickly respond to concerns or questions.

@Linda108 Thanks for the feed back. Duly noted.