refund

Raunit0
Level 2
Bengaluru, India

refund

Hi, I would just like to bring to your attention that I have not received refunds on 4 bookings that were made by my friend Airbnb user

**  in June 2020.

The hosts have allegedly initiated the refunds but we have not received them.

The 4 bookings/hosts in question are

1) Delphine who hosts a property in Alfortville -

2) Afshin who hosts a property in Anderlecht -

3) Katka who hosts a property in Praha 

4) Igor who hosts a property in Munchen - 

Any and all information would be appreciated.

We have followed up with the hosts in question and also the bank to which the refunds have been initiated to.

All parties are requesting us to contact Airbnb. but to our dismay they have not been very helpful in this process, this pandemic has been extremely hard on me and my friends whose money are stuck along with mine we have all lost our jobs and this refund could really help us out financially.

Thank you and stay safe

Raunit Sharraf

**[Personal information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

9 Replies 9
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Your posting is not reaching the Air BNB staff, @Raunit0 .  This is a public forum of hosts and guests and we have nothing to do with refunds.  Good luck

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Raunit0  Have these bookings actually been cancelled, or did the hosts simply tell you they would refund?

@Sarah977  The bookings have been cancelled and the cancellation status also shows that the refund has been completed

@Raunit0  Well, if these bookings were for June, you should have received the refunds by now, so you'll have to message or use Twitter to contact Airbnb and ask why bookings that were cancelled 2 months ago and show a refund coming to you haven't been processed yet.

@Sarah977 it has been almost 4 months since the refund was supposedly initiated. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Raunit0  Yes, I just realized the bookings ad cancellations weren't recent and changed my response to you just before you replied.

@Sarah977 thank you so much for your help, I will try and contact them on twitter

Hi any luck with the refund yet ? I have a similar issue where a refund is not posted even after 3 months. 

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Sarah's advice to make as much noise as possible on twitter is your best bet & if you have any friends with a strong social media presence enlist them as well-do remember that your potential hosts rarely have funds released to them until after/during your stay, best of luck from the burning state.