regarding partial stay refund

Sj2
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

regarding partial stay refund

I booked airbnb for 2 weeks.

Everything was perfect untill I got bite from bed bugs 2days before my check out which is 31st Aug. I sent pic to host and host said sorry and if I want to leave airbnb, will give refund and pay other charges like bug spray . But it was too late time to find hotel room and airbnb that day.

I slept on the floor and couldn't sleep well.

So I decided to leave airbnb. I gave host a notice few hours later and ask for partial refund. I checked out 1 day before, 30th Aug, actual check out date then I left thanking message (I enjoyed staying there anyway) and asked if there is anything I need to do regarding refund let me know. After that I didn't receive any reply so I asked to host again today regarding my refund but I still haven't received any message or notification. ( but host left review on me 31st Aug).

Should I talk to airbnb customer centre directly or wait a bit more??

If it is bette talk to airbnb which way shoul I use? Enquiries?? Or send and request money section??

Hopefully can get some help from here.

thanks,

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

If I am understanding your post correctly, @Sj2 you decided to stay after the host offered a refund for the days you would not have stayed if you left early.  Since you stayed, what refund are you expecting? Am I understanding your post correctly?

Also, you were in the place for a long time before you got bitten.  That is odd to me.  Still, you might be in danger of spreading the bugs if you haven't take steps to wash all your clothing.   You don't want to bring those bugs home, right?

If you think you are due some compensation for the time your stay was not good, you should first contact the host with your expectation of a refund.  If the host agrees, then she would send the refund.  If you contact Air BNB you would have to explain why you remained in the place.

Sj2
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

so I found bed bugs around 5pm and host tried to contact to cleaning lady that time I thought  if cleaning lady come and if I do my laundry while lady is cleaning it would be fine. however, host couldn't reach to her and contact me around 8pm the host said host family will be at airbnb next day and asked if I want to leave. I thought it is too late to find other hotel and airbnb. even if I find one, I still need to clean my cloths and baggage , it would take time.

I told to the host, I am thinking about it and let her know and try spend lest of day but couldn't.

found other three bed bugs so decide to leave. and messaged her around 2am. I decide to leave .  

and asked refund and check out time, host said it okay to check out after check out time. 

I also wodering how I didn't ge bite during the stay. I also consider I could bring bed bugs but no way. I found big bed bug and baby bed bugs. did some research, it take about 2weeks to egg hatch, as soon as egg hatched baby bed bugs trying to find food. I got few babies and 1 bed bug which is 4th or 5th stage, It almost all grown and it takes about 5 weeks to be all grown. they can live with out food about year and half. that why I'm thinking I'm not the one who brought them.

hope this is make sense to you.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Sj2

Very odd that the bugs appeared at the end of your stay.  It indicates that they could have arrived with yourself and your belongings.

I explained how I think about that part above comment. I think 

If I brought them, I should get bites from early stay.

I  found them only three from my luggage and cloths but much more egg shells(?) and bugs  from under the bed. and saw how they get to my luggage.