Ontario, Canada

removing cleaning charge

Why can't I remove  the cleaning charge on a confirmed reservation

1 Best Answer
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kathleen441 

You can not remove it because the booking is confirmed and the money is already with Airbnb.

You can, if you wish, send the money back to the client - but I would wait until after the booking is completed - if you send it now, and the guest cancel the booking in a few days, he will get the money twice.

Just as a FYI, you cannot add a service fee after a booking is confirmed as well. This is also because Airbnb assumes that the client agreed with the amount, and extra charges after that at not allowed 

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kathleen441 

You can not remove it because the booking is confirmed and the money is already with Airbnb.

You can, if you wish, send the money back to the client - but I would wait until after the booking is completed - if you send it now, and the guest cancel the booking in a few days, he will get the money twice.

Just as a FYI, you cannot add a service fee after a booking is confirmed as well. This is also because Airbnb assumes that the client agreed with the amount, and extra charges after that at not allowed