removing stains on white bedding and towels

Raj49
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

removing stains on white bedding and towels

Hello All 

I would be grateful if you can give me some advice on:

- what cleaning products to use to remove stubborn stains on white bedding and white towels

- any products that can be used to help diminish white towels from getting worn out 

Many thanks in advance 

Raj 

8 Replies 8
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Raj49 

you don't want towels to wear out, simple solution don't use them, LOL

Martha389
Level 2
Alfredo V. Bonfil, MX

Ahh this always happens with guests.

In my experience, most guests think they can dirty towels at will.

I already have a lot of cleaning products and while some could work with some stains, others work with different stains.

Bleach, Dr. Beckmann stain remover,  bar soap, blue powder soap, Oxi clean, Iberia revolution stain remover (red bottle), Vanish gold oxi action crystal white and even baking soda or white vinegar.

Hope it helps.

Raj49
Level 2

Thanks Martha 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Most stains will disappear with a long soak in Vanish Gold or similar, Wonder Soap is good too. Some stains will never go, even after many washes. Small occasional loss = price of hosting.

Get makeup remover and cotton balls or remover pads or wipes to encourage keeping towels clean from makeup.

Raj49
Level 2

Thanks Sandra 

Noel102
Level 10
Houston, TX

Provide black towels and washcloths for makeup (and tell your guests they are available for that purpose).  Like @Sandra126 said, you can also get makeup remover wipes.  I buy them in bulk from Gilchrist & Soames and leave a stack in the medicine cabinet.  Those two things greatly reduced the instances of stains on my white towels and pillow cases.

Raj49
Level 2

Thanks Noel 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Noel102, I find the colour gets stripped from dark towels from face products such as acne treatments. This I can never fix, but whites can always get whiter!