rent question

Answered!
Mike2344
Level 1
Athens, Greece

rent question

hello! i want to rent a house in greece for monthly rent and i contact with one of the  ''agent of u' and i wanna know if is real or fake

the email is ''airbnb.rentals.service@europe.com'' and the owner of the house email is  ''aptrent@hot.ee'' 

can you please tell me if its official airbnb agent or fake?

thank!

1 Best Answer
10 Replies 10
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mike2344  This is  a SCAM. That isn't an Airbnb URL. If you want to rent, do it through the Airbnb official site, or another reputable online booking platform. Do not look for rentals on other types of sites.

There is no such thing as an Airbnb agent who emails prospective guests, arranges bookings, shows you the house, or gives you keys. 

You should spend some time reading on the official Airbnb site how Airbnb works. 

thanks for the answer! i knew that was a scam  but i wanna be sure

thank u!

I saw your advert for a 2 bedroom flat on 33 Liverpool Road, Luton, England, I am interested in renting it. I want to know if this is genuine. The host email is Cecileputneyxv0@yahoo.comAnd below is the reply to my request

Hi Adeniyi,

Thanks for getting back to me. You can rent my flat from tomorrow, for an indefinite period. The price per month is GBP700 bills included (gas, water, electricity, TV, parking and council tax).
Because I'm out of the city with work, I have a solution so you can move in as quickly as possible. I do not have the time to meet any potential tenants, so I choose Airbnb. I use the Airbnb service at the beginning to find a tenant.
So you can visit and rent the flat, I use the https://www.airbnb.co.uk/trust platform. Airbnb offers an online platform that connects hosts who rent accommodation with guests who wish to rent such accommodation.
The Airbnb company requires payment of the first 2 months + a deposit of GBP400. This is requested at the beginning of the lease and refunded at the end of the contract (if 30 days notice is given). After these first 2 months, you transfer the monthly rent directly to my personal bank account.
You must book the first two months through the website. Once your booking is confirmed, the Airbnb representative will contact you to arrange the appointment and you can move in immediately.
The meeting will take place in the flat and he will give you the keys and sign the contract for the period of your choice (we will conclude a fixed rental agreement under British law from 2 months up to 10 years).
If at that point you are not happy with the property, no contract will be signed and you will be fully refunded the very same day.
All other details about you are welcome. I would like to rent the flat for someone who takes care of it.
I have invested a lot in this flat and I am sure you will love it.

I think that's it for the moment, I hope I did not forget anything.

With best regards, Cecile

@Godstime0 

It's bait to pull off a wire scam.

Read the thread below before your pants get pulled down.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Rental-scam-using-Airbnb-How-should-I-go-forward-if-at-all/... 

I have the same situation at the moment a person is trying to give me her flat in same situation in Kent 

@Leonard893 good to see you are wise to this scam

I try to play along to see where it goes I asked for more information and the actual link on Airbnb to see her flat on the site and I don’t have a response yet! I will report this as a scam on Facebook marketplace where was advised! 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Leonard893 Good plan. When scammers call me I try to spend at least 30 minutes going along with their scheme and only stop wasting their time when I have to give personal information to them. At least that is 30 minutes where they are not scamming someone else.