rent the house on behalf of a friend

Francesca21
Level 1
Santa Teresa Gallura, Italy

rent the house on behalf of a friend

I am on the site of Airbnb with a room, but I would like to welcome and help in a house of friends who are out of Italy for work, but I   wish that the payment of the bookings go on their bank account. I can only welcome but do not want to be in charge of the money. I it possible on Airbnb? I can take care of controlling the announcement and reservations.

Thanks

Francesca

5 Replies 5
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

@Francesca21

I believe you can do what I think you are asking about.  Hosts can set up a listing on their own account, and then have all the payments for that listing, go to someone else.  You can designate whom you wish to be paid when you set it up.  Then you will recieve all the communications for the listing and you will be responsible for checking in guests and checking them out, and taking care of cleaning and maintenance, but they will get paid.  IF you can't figure out how to do this, you can contact Airbnb customer service for help with it.  

Francesca21
Level 1

Thanks a lot Deborah 🙂

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I do this for some friends and neighbours and I simply route the funds into their bank account.

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

What about reviews?  If the bookings are made to your profile to a listing that you manage but don't earn $$ from (whether your friend pays you a small sum or not) it means that all the reviews about the listing show up on your profile.  That might be ok, but what if all the reviews are negative?   Then it impacts your business down the road. Maybe this isn't something that you need to worry about, but it's important to consider.

Francesca21
Level 1

Thanks Maria, you're right. I must consider this aspect and it's very important for me, because I have 5 stars and I work hard for that.