rescind a review before the guest reviews?

rescind a review before the guest reviews?

Hi out there! Does anyone know if or how we can rescind a review? I know we can't after the guest has posted theirs...but they haven't yet. I was silly enough to make a cursory glance and send off the review...and then we found the cigarette burn marks on the comforter and carpet. (Yes, I regret my quick action....) Thanks for your help!

10 Replies 10
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I believe you are able to edit your review until it is published.  Have you tried?

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Paula-And-James0 @Linda108 last I checked, the edit function was supposed to work for 48 hours or UNTIL the review posts (day 14 or as soon as the other party writes theirs).

Hurry, hurry, hurry, bc the guest has gotten an email that says you've written a review that prompts them to do the same, if they do then your review edit window closes!!

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Yes, you have 2 days to edit your review, IF the other party has not done theirs. BUT, I've found that once I've edited, you then get 2 more days from that point on..... and another 2 days & so on, IF you keep editing within the 2 day period. (I must get a life!)

@Paula-And-James0 

@Kelly149 

OK, I'll take the bait, @Helen350 .  You know to do this ...how?!

Helen350
Level 10

I've done it several times @Linda108 . If you go to the https://www.airbnb.co.us/users/reviews page, and look at a review you just wrote it says next to it "2 days to edit" One day later it says "1 day to edit", then it counts down the hours (I think). When you DO edit, it DOES return to "2 days to edit"

I HAVE continued to tweak reviews throughout the 14 day period by this method, when the guest has not reviewed or left it very late. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Paula-And-James0  If your review goes through, you can ask to have it removed under authorship rules.  I have done that successfully, and I've read of other hosts here who have also, but other hosts have told me they have tried and not gotten a review they wrote removed.  So I can't guarantee it, but it's worth a try.  I got a review I wrote removed after I later discovered damage, too.

Thanks everyone! I found the way to edit a review, but then the web site was doing something funky and only showed my reviews from 2014, no matter where I clicked or scrolled. So I managed to get hold of the support people, and after a bit of back-and-forth, they pulled the review. Interestingly, they told me they'd inform the guest that the review was pulled. So maybe the guest who was smoking where they shouldn't have will know that consequences are on the way...

Helen350
Level 10

@Paula-And-James0 Another glitch! - My review page, - of reviews I've written is only showing my oldest reviews, page 1 of 21 - no matter which page number I click on.

Tracey486
Level 2
Phoenix, AZ

I do not see the ability to edit.  When I look at my review, it states that I have 2 days left to edit.  However, there is no edit button, I can't type on it.  The only thing I can do is click on the guest profile picture and it takes me to their profile, not my review. 

Nevermind. I answered my own question.  I had to click on the word Edit.  It did not look like a link.