reservation confirmation emails used to show how much guest paid in taxes to DC; not anymore

Kelly0
Level 3
Washington, DC

reservation confirmation emails used to show how much guest paid in taxes to DC; not anymore

Hello,

It appears that Airbnb has changed the formatting of its confirmation emails to hosts. The old version of the confirmation emails used to show me (the host) how much the guest had already paid for the DC Lodging Tax. This was nice transparency. (In fact, I noticed a discrepancy in taxes collected and Airbnb confirmed it, and said they had fixed it.)

Now without this information there's no transparency regarding the DC Lodging Tax collected. It used to show up as this statement: "Your guest paid $xx in Occupancy Taxes. Airbnb remits these taxes on your behalf."

How can I petition Airbnb to bring back the transparency and show us what our guests have paid?

Thanks,

Kelly Vielmo

Washington, DC

1 Reply 1
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

I guess you'll have to contact Airbnb to make your case.  I pay the Transient Occpancy taxes out of my total price and that way I can deduct from my income taxes.  I guess if you have the guest pay it, they can deduct from their taxes, no?