reservation for my guest was cancelled--Airbnb says I did it but I did not

reservation for my guest was cancelled--Airbnb says I did it but I did not

Today my guest contacted me to ask why I cancelled their reservation. I did not cancel the reservation, so I don't know what is going on. The guest received an email from Airbnb and I did not. Has this happened to anyone else lately? Is it a glitch? 

Also, when I logged into Airbnb after hearing from the guest, I was prompted to put in my email address and verify. I received an email with a link to verify my email and when I got to the Airbnb site it said I had CHANGED my email address, not just verified. Very strange.

Thanks for any insight you may provide.

8 Replies 8
Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Sarah3674 

It just happend to me!!! Cancellation + Email verification

Reply from another host in a forum: "We have the same problem . 2 hours ago. Airbnb said it is glitch . Guests called them and they said to him as well it is a glitch. Bnb rep also told me that it is worldwide and they are having problems with hosts and guests profiles removed as well and mass cancellations because of system problems."

Ricardo

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

What a friggin' gong show this company is.

Ricardo85
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

DM from Twitter: "Hi Ricardo, thank you for reaching out and alerting us of this. We'd like to take a closer look into this to further assist. Please share with us the email address associated with your Airbnb account so that we may follow up accordingly. We'll await your response."

Se você achou esta resposta útil não deixe de dar um "Like".

Meu Perfil.

Coloque "@Ricardo". Assim eu recebo uma notificação.

Mirco-And-Jasmin0
Level 3
Revelstoke, Canada

I had the same problem. I actually also made a post here about this issue. I could also not log into my account and then when it was restored all my bookings were cancelled. My guests were freaking out and the guest that was supposed to come tomorrow rebooked. 

So far airbnb could not resolve the issue. I sincerely hope I will still get my money for the 4 days that I lost now.

Oh, I wouldn't get my hopes up on that. Airbnb never takes responsibility for their own screw-ups. A year ago there was some mess with Australian hosts' pay-outs- Aussie hosts didn't get paid for their bookings for about a month straight. Not just some Aussie hosts- all of them. So Airbnb sat on a entire continent's pay-outs for a month, collecting interest on all that money, and Airbnb didn't even bother to apologize. 

I can't see them paying out for bookings they incompetently cancelled, but of course it's worth a try. @Mirco-And-Jasmin0

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Sarah3674

Further to what @Ricardo85 kindly shared here, I just wanted to also provide you with an update. I've shared this in a couple of other discussions here in the CC, so sorry if you have seen this already. 

To confirm, there was a technical bug that impacted a small number of hosts and guests on November 11, 2020. The bug has been resolved and accounts have been restored, but we know that some hosts might have had cancelled bookings as a result.

Our community support team has been working with impacted hosts and guests to make it right and is standing by to help those that are still having issues. If you haven't heard from them already, you will be contacted soon, but if you have worries I would also recommend contacting our support team directly and they will be able to help. 

I am keeping a close eye on this, so do keep me posted and I hope this will all be resolved shortly. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

(@Sarah977 FYI, Mirco and Jasmin I mentioned you in another thread)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Sarah3674,

Nice to meet you. I just wanted to double check that everything is now ok with your account from a technical point of view? 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello, 

Me again! 🙂 

To anyone reading this thread, to read the latest update on the November 11th technical glitch, please take a look here.

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------