reservation problem

Answered!
Ceren-Çiçek0
Level 2
Ankara, Turkey

reservation problem

Airbnb doesn't confirm the reservation of my guest somehow. He tried to pay 4 times and all of them gave an error of Airbnb. He got an error msg which is "Unfortunately, your request could not be completed due to a server error. Maintenance is underway on Airbnb, or your connection may have timed out. Please try again." in all attempts. Also, because of trying 4 times in a row bank has blocked his card.  Could anyone help me to solve this problem? 

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ceren-Çiçek0  You as a host cannot solve a guest's payment issues. That is for the guest to work out with Airbnb. The guest should contact Airbnb customer service dept to see what is going on. If in the future you have a similar issue, you could advise the guest to try using a different browser, or if they are using the phone app, to try on a computer. That will sometimes solve these kinds of problems.

View Best Answer in original post

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ceren-Çiçek0  You as a host cannot solve a guest's payment issues. That is for the guest to work out with Airbnb. The guest should contact Airbnb customer service dept to see what is going on. If in the future you have a similar issue, you could advise the guest to try using a different browser, or if they are using the phone app, to try on a computer. That will sometimes solve these kinds of problems.

@Sarah977 Thank you so much. I'll tell him that. 

Sebastian791
Level 1
Summerside, Canada

Got 4 messages saying Congratulations, this person is booked with you those days. However no has been shown on the Calendar. No details or information of the guests. Regards, Sebastian

@Sebastian791  This is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb customer service. You'll have to get in touch with them directly to find out what's going on.

Sebastian791
Level 1
Summerside, Canada

Thanks, Sarah. I was just wondering if some other hosts were having similar problems. I will contact them.

I have almost seemlier problem but bit different. When I go through my own listing I click on reserve button then it’s show details but doesn’t show the cleaning price as price is set up already. The second Problem is big one When I click reserve button and it’s give me booking details like price and when decided to book and I click reserve button second time it “ doesn’t work “ I keep clicking reserve button to confirm booking but you stay there on same page and not allow to reserve booking that’s frustrating. I am sure someone there to help this issue. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Why are you trying to book your own listing @Sohaib4 ?

i would presume you can’t. 

51A90EE7-55BE-4F63-88B8-5FD257A85630.jpeg54CB2ECD-F59F-49B2-A7A8-B2459B10AFB4.jpegMy guests are repeatedly reporting that they are unable to book my place 

They experience an error which says airbnb is doing a routine checkup on you it will be resolved soon

but still they are not able to book