reservation request

Teresa1359
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

reservation request

I am new to Airbnb and received a reservation request and the only information it has is that they joined Aibnb Feb 2020.  How can I find out more information about them before I accept/deny the request. 

2 Replies 2
Šarka0
Level 6
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Hi Teresa!

The easiest way is to send them a message with your questions 🙂

Introduce yourself, say you are happy to host them if they answer a few short questions:
Where they are from, how many will there be, what do they plan to do...

Do remind them of your house rules (eg. no smoking, no parties, no use of the kitchen if sharing space...).

And since they are new to airbnb, guide them a bit how it works - that they stay at someone else's home and not a hotel, so they should respect it, and that 3rd party bookings are prohibited.

I hope this helps and let us know how it went 🙂 I hope they are lovely and kind guests!

Larry339
Level 10
Brant, Canada

@Šarka0 great response. Guests are generally happy to comply with reasonable requests from hosts. If not, that's a big red flag.

When I get an offer, I first go to the profile and have a saved message to send them requesting their profile be complete, including phone number, email and especially government ID be on file at Airbnb.