reservations

MaryAnn22
Level 2
Udine, Italy

reservations

In the past months I have recieved requests through Airbnb which become private contacts since guests are finding my contacts on internet. these requests which I must decline privately and on my page are for help  in receiving a sort of letter invitation so these people coming from countries not mentioned, can arrive in Europe for citizenship or as political refugees. I have immediately declined all these emails and text messages but this is causing me to have a low status on my page. I have even had guests contact me after me accepting their reseervation and asking if the payment can be made privately to avoid the fees through the site. It is not difficult to find me through the web since I've had a B&B for almost 17 years and I am registered on the city tourist pages also.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM? My declining for these resons which are not on the communication from the guests requesting the reservation, are affecting my rating. What should I do? I know the communications are automatic so how can I let Aribnb know of this problem so it won't affect my ratings?

Thanks, Mary Ann

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@MaryAnn22  I reviewed your listing which is in Italy.  It seems your issue is with your other marketing not your Air BNB listing.  Your response rate is only calculated based on your responses to messages through Air BNB.  If you receive a message from an Air BNB member asking you to work outside the Air BNB terms and conditions, you can flag their profile.  All other messages to you and responded by you using other messaging systems are irrelevant to your Air BNB listing.

Rebecca36
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

I'm having the same problem. I contacted the help desk and they said it wasn't a bug, but it someone else is having the problem it is a bug. 

Go to here

https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us

Go down to the bottom and say "my question is about soemthign else" about "hosting", "Manage listing","editing listing details" and then scroll way to the bottom and click the button "I still need help" and then there is a form to fill out. They need to be made aware if this is an issue affecting multiple people.

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @MaryAnn22 you do not have to "pre-approve" or "decline" guests during the inquiry stage.   I almost never pre-approve guests, and I almost never decline a request.  I simply reply to them to keep my response rate up, and then do nothing.   What DOES affect your standing, and what you must not do too often, is decline a Booking or Reservation Request, as in someone is ready to commit to the booking, and ready to pay.  

I personally do not flag guests simply for being unfamiliar with the Airbnb process and wanting to make private arrangements such as paying outside of the platform, etc.  I just tell them - bookings on this platform are processed on this platform.

I am a bit different maybe.   Clients that come to me directly through referrals, repeat bookings, my own marketing initiatives, etc I am very happy to make private reservations with, and process their payment directly.   I do not want to have all of my business tied up with any one platform.    But a guest that comes to me on Airbnb stays on Airbnb, and a guest that comes to me off Airbnb stay off Airbnb.