responses

Filip0
Level 1
Toshima, Japan

responses

Hi Guys, 

I just started airbnb and got my first inquiry to which I responded right away and the guest reserved my space. but my response rate is still at 0%

I received a message to my e-mail, sms, and the airbnb app. Which is the best way to respond? Im guessing if I respond via sms or email then Airbnb doesnt know it and I get a bad response rate? Is there any way to argue this first "non response" and get my profile back to 100%

Thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

It takes some time to fulfill the figures (ex resonse rate).

It is the same to have some stars (3 reservations done).

And you will turn mad with airbnb statistics which are not very accurate.

Mia0
Level 3
Medveja, Croatia

Hi Filip,
If you responded right away, your respond rate should be 100 %, I think it only takes some time till Airbnb updates your response rate...or it will be updated after few more inquiries, not sure... Anyway, make sure to respond quickly and you'll definitely have 100%. 😉
For me, the best way to respond is via the Airbnb app or online on your computer on the Airbnb website. I think the app is even better cause it's very easy and quick. The sms and email are just some kind of notifications about the inquiry, don't respond to them, just use the app.
Hope I could help you a bit. Happy hosting 🙂

You can respond to the email its integrated with the app.Its often easier to do this than open up the app.  The sms is just a notification. I dont use them

Michael30
Level 2
Hervey Bay, Australia

Be very Careful with Instant Book, I had it and found it attracted the Riff Raff looking for backpacker hostel style accommodation, I had Riff Raff over Christmas as they used Instant Book, be warned that once you accept instant Book you as the host cannot remove it, yu will have to rely on Airbnb to remove it......Instant Book will only invite Trouble and can cost you good honest people as your guests...!

Matt21
Level 2
St Leonards, United Kingdom

Hi I keep getting a notification to confirm my email - I have responded but it continues to say I have not responded and airbnb are threatening to deactivate me because it wont accept that I have responded.. help!