reviews

Eric4719
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

reviews

Can someone PLEASE help me leave a review of our stay.  We had a terrific experience, and this two-week window rule for leaving reviews is ridiculous.  In a business that thrives on feedback I would think this website would encourage EVERY opportunity for guests leaving reviews.  Never seen a policy like this.  We missed the window but I want to leave feedback.  Can someone assist me?

19 Replies 19
Ataf1
Level 2
Jerusalem, Israel

Hi man  i can help you 😉

Chef Atef

No, you can't. There's no exceptions to not being able to leave a review past the 14 day cut-off. @Ataf1

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Eric4719 

The review window is 2 weeks because if only one party has left a review., at some point in time it must be published.  So i fear you have lost the opportunity to leave a review. But you can stll complain about the reservation to Airbnb , report the listing or the host, or you can sent feedback about the review system:

Airbnb Feedback

added:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/13/how-do-reviews-work-for-stays

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Eric4719  No one here can assist you, as this is a discussion forum for hosts and guests only. Contacting Airbnb isn’t going to help you either. They’ll just tell you the window has closed. Send feedback if you wish, expressing yourself dissatisfaction.

Two weeks is plenty of time, actually. Whether you agree or disagree, it is the time frame Airbnb has in place, so there is nothing to be done about it now.

Actually Colleen, I am a guest.  And since this is a discussion forum FOR guests, then can you explain how my question is inappropriate for this board?  Two weeks may be plenty of time for you, but if we are not AWARE of the time frame restriction (first time guest so I was not aware) then, well, we are not aware. 

@Eric4719  This community is for guests and hosts alike. I wasn't suggesting your question is inappropriate for this forum, just that you aren't going to get anywhere with it. Your OP was "Can someone PLEASE help me leave a review of our stay". No one here can allow you to leave a review past the deadline, and contacting Airbnb about it won't get you anywhere either, because the review process is already set, and they don't bend it for anyone. Again, offering your feedback is all you can do.

Since you are new and unfamiliar with Airbnb, may I suggest this resource as a great way to learn,

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/home

In these help pages is most everything you need to know about being an Airbnb user, including such things as how reviews work.  This information will help make your experiences on Airbnb better.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Eric4719  If you had a terrific experience, maybe you can find out if the host has their own website or if you can leave a review on Google?

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It was so terrific it took you two weeks to remember you hadn't reviewed it, @Eric4719.?

You are emailed to say it's time to leave a review, and you are further emailed to remind you if you don't. You snooze you lose, or in this instance, the hosts lost. 

You know what amazes me the most about this?  The snarky responses. 

MANY people don't check their emails. 

MANY people return from a vacation and go back to work.....we are in the midst of a pandemic and mid-August (when we returned) we are getting ready for a brand new type of schooling for our kids. 

MANY of us never use AIRBNB (due to the rather hefty booking fees that are easily gotten around) and are UNAWARE of the silly review system (can someone tell me the value of cutting off someone from leaving a review after 14 days anyway?  It's silly.  Tripadvisor doesn't do this!!!!).

MANY of us, like me in this instance, ONLY want to help the host.........and are inquiring about this ONLY to help someone else and not ourselves........

So yeah, snark away. 

Snarkiness aside @Eric4719 , I will tell you why you only have 14 days. On Airbnb both parties are reviewed. Guest reviews host. Host reviews guest. This is not how it works on Trip Advisor, Amazon, etc. With that said, reviews are blind. You cannot see the host's review of you until you review them and vice versa. This is to prevent host's from writing horrible reviews about their guest after they receive a horrible review and vice versa. But a written review must post at some point to either give praise or warn others about the listing/host. If the review sat in limbo until the other party got around to writing theirs then we can basically assume that there would be no damning reviews for either party. This is why guests and hosts have 14 days to complete reviews of each other and then the review period closes/reviews are posted.  

@Eric4719  In addition to what @Emilia42 said, as time goes on people's memories fade, as does the will to do something. It just makes sense. 

@Eric4719  As everyone else has pointed out, it's too late to post a public review and there's nothing anyone can do about that. However, there is no time limit for contacting the host if you'd like to give them direct feedback.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Eric4719 

Airbnb sends every guest 3 emails to remind them to leave a review. 1 directely after check out, 1 after one week and the last one 2 days before the reviewwindow closes. This last email says: "You have 2 more days left to leave a review".

Didn't You get all these emails?

I dont remember getting any emails.  They probably went to my spam folder.  But honestly,  MANY people dont check their email daily.  I can go weeks without checking mine.