reviews

reviews

As a host how do I see the star ratings that are left by my guests?  I am more interested in the results of the category ratings than I am what they actually write.   When I see my reviews I never see how each category is rated by my guests.  To me that feedback is more important.  Does anyone know how to see the star ratings?

17 Replies 17
Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

I know it’s possible because I have done it but I can’t remember how.

There are a few things about this website that are very annoying.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Elaine627 @Brian2036  I happen to know bc I asked the same question recently 😄

so go to https://www.airbnb.com/performance/quality/overall  and scroll to your recent reviews to see what rating you got from each of your guest for OVERALL

Then you have to click on Accuracy, Cleanliness... etc... on your left side of the screen to see how each guest rated you in these categories.

Basically, you have to click and scroll 7x to see how the last guest rated you in all categories.

Great ha? I wonder who is the genius who came up with this practical and "user friendly" idea? 😄

Thank you!!!  Nothing about the app or website is user friendly.  It's very frustrating. 

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Thanks for that. It’s possible, but not likely that I will remember it.

I have to wonder if maybe someone really doesn’t want people to look at these things.

@Brian2036  You don't have to remember it. There's this nifty thing on browsers called bookmarks 🙂

Or you could do what some of us old farts do, and actually write it down.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 @Elaine627 

I believe the techies have a mandate- make everything as cumbersome and non-intuitive as possible for hosts, make everything as clear as possible for guests.

@Sarah977 the only”clear” part for guests are pictures and “book” button 😄 everything else is hidden behind “show more” links.... house rules are buried in the footer ... for now, ... the next step will be to remove them all together just wait to see

Do you know that guests have to go through 3 pages and scroll to the bottom and login again to find your request for money? 😄

Don't even get me started on trying to get money for damages.  I'm still at it from one one guest. ..3 weeks now.

@Branka-and-Silvia0,

You are very correct.  Whenever I submit a money request, I always send the guest a separate message, and tell them to check www.airbnb.com/resolutions to find the request.

Ok.  So I'm on the app and its telling me that the link is for people who have multiple listings????

Also seems like I can't find the star info on the app.  So I will have to try later on my computer.  Can someone who only has one listing tell me how to navigate this? 

Also, I raised my rate several weeks ago and they are not renting at that rate???  I'm so over this nonsense. 

uh, sorry @Elaine627  I have multiple listings and using pro-tools so I don't know how people with just one listing see the ratings. Maybe someone else could help?

Well here is a good one.  So I finally figured the review issue out.  Now....I went to one review and I had all categories 5 star.  Excellent comments.

Airbnb has my overall rating 1 star!!!

How does this get fixed???? 

@Elaine627  It can't get fixed.  Airbnb did not come up with the 1-star overall rating - the guest did.  Sometimes they do that even when they assign 5 stars to each of the categories.  The overall rating is a separate rating, not an average of the sub-categories.

@Elaine627  If you are bamboozled by a guest leaving 5 stars in all categories and a 1 star overall, what most likely happened is the guest just made an error- fat fingered the wrong star rating. This happens sometimes-when the host messages the guest to ask why, the guest is shocked and apologetic- they meant to click on 5. 

But even if the guest calls Airbnb to explain the error and ask that it be changed, they won't. Such is the insanity of Airbnb.