scam letter

scam letter

SCAM ALERT: Received a letter from 'airbnb Unclaimed Property' with a blank form for us to fill out to received a check for unclaimed property. Address to mail our personal information was airbnb Unclaimed Property, PO Box 1448, Southeastern PA 19399. In the upper left-hand corner has the same address. Contact number 1-877-455-4746

I wish I can post the picture of the letter here but I don't know how to do that.

49 Replies 49
Wendy-and-Frank0
Level 10
Stonington, CT

To post the letter, take a picture of it with your phone.

And then click on the little camera symbol right above the dialogue box (where you write your posts) and voila!

Letter sounds shady.  I'd disregard it completely until ABB via Twitter told you what it is.

Do they want you to mail the letter back?

Yes, with signature. 

scam letter.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/wave3news/posts/10153139640038686

..quick look on google brought that up.

It could be someone softening you up for a 'fake cheque fraud' scam.

I received two of these letters last week.  I emailed Airbnb to see if they were legit.  The reply seems very shady:

"This is Kevin again with Airbnb and I hope this email finds you well. I just wanted to follow up with you in regards pictures of a letter you sent in.

The letter you received is from us, however, I wouldn't be able to assist you in regards to the content of the letter as I am not a legal professional. I recommend consulting with a local attorney if you have any questions. We know this isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but we do want you to know that we are always here to support you!

Thank you for your patience and understanding!"

Andrea1151
Level 2
Carrick-On-Shannon, Ireland

what did you do? Please, I'd like to know. because I received the same letter.

We signed and returned the letters and then several months later received two checks.

Okay, so it was NOT a scam... they finally sent you the "unclaimed" / uncashed checks????

Nothing. You don't do anything, they are waiting for you to do something such as contacting them. 

It is not always a scam

Check under “Upcoming Payouts”

It’s not always a scam. I got the same letter and found the same amounts still processing from 5 years ago, when I switched payout accounts. Check the transaction records under “Upcoming Payouts”

Andrea1151
Level 2
Carrick-On-Shannon, Ireland

I received the same letter. what did you do?

I received one from Blue Shield. It looks identical and has the very same return PO Box 1448 in PA 19399!! This has to be a scam, so get this out there and do not send any information in!!