Carlos-Morais0
Level 1
Porto, Portugal

scam?

Hello,
I received an email from
office.airbnb@europe.com

With the text:

"Airbnb Transaction Confirmation Code: ABIC9174 Hello Carlos Manuel Morais da Cruz ,
Through this e-mail we have the pleasure to inform that you have a package in stand by and we need your payment confirmation in order to proceed with the delivery.
In order to validate your booking the payment must be done within 24 hours."

"Bank Name: Bank Zachodni WBK
Bank Address: Street Rajska 4, Gdansk 80-850, Poland
Account Holder: Thyssenkrupp Rasaelstein SP.Z.O.O.
IBAN: PL05 1090 1854 0000 0001 3246 9066
Swift/BIC: WBKPPLPP
Important Notice!

*NOTE: Bank Transfer Details, Reference: "ABSZ1958" (please enter only the Item number and no other details)
For your booking ABIC9174 the payment method is Bank-to-Bank Transfer, also known as bank transfer. For a faster transaction you can pay by online bank transfer. We also recomand online bank transfer via Internet Banking. We recomand you to use option SEPA when you transfer the funds.
*As soon as the payment has been completed, please reply at this email with a copy of your receipt in order to validate your booking."

I think is scam.

3 Replies 3
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Ohh yes.

David
Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

DO NOT RESPOND

Diogo64
Level 1
Portugal

Most likely a scam, check this page on DECO: https://www.deco.proteste.pt/reclamar/todas-as-reclamacoes/todas-as-reclamacoes?referenceid=CPTPT002...

In my case the text said:

[Personal information hidden as per the community guidelines] 

Sadly I sent them my full name and address, but I refused to send them a copy of my ID. I'm glad I did so.