see profile of guest?

Adalina22
Level 1
Gummersbach, Germany

see profile of guest?

Hey,

I’m new to hosting and I have had only one guest so far, but some requests. Every time when I've got request I wanted to see profile of guest, but didn't see much. I just asking myself if it is because of missing data in profile or it is because of some settings? I am living in this flat and just rent bedroom, I would really like to know who will arrive at my home. Till now I was thinking that some parts of profile are not visible before booking and will be shown only after I have approved request....  or it is just missing data on profile of guests?

thanks for clarifications 

best regards

Adalina

7 Replies 7
Kevin1718
Level 2
Ashbourne, Ireland

You should see the guest profile of all potential guests which will show the length of time they have been on Airbnb, how many stays that they have had and all reviews that they have had, some guests if booking for 4 people they may also includes these people on the booking but this is the exception rather than the rule, good luck with hosting.

Kevin  aka Furking Heaven

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Adalina22 ,

I'm thrilled to see that you're starting your hosting journey, and I wish you all the best! 😊

I just wanted to let you know that I have moved your post to a more suitable general board in the hopes of getting more visibility and responses from our community members.

Hopefully, this will help generate more engagement and provide you with more answers to your question. 

Regards,

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hello @Paula 

I've just replied as have a few other hosts, thinking this was a recent post but infact it dates back to 2021 unless I am mistaken!

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Joelle43,

You are absolutely right!!  I got so excited responding to our members that I accidentally jumped to this post 😅.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for taking the time to reply  😊.

Thank you so much

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

No problem @Paula and welcome to the CC then!  Never a dull moment🤣

All the best

Joëlle

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Adalina22 

You are correct that you don’t get to see everything about the guest, such as the photo, place of residence, and last name, until after the booking is finalized. Airbnb has these rules to avoid discrimination.

Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Adalina22 

If you are worried about who you are sharing your apartment with, which is quite understandable, I just wanted to let you know that Airbnb gives you the option of selecting all female guests if this makes you more comfortable IF you are present and sharing amenities with your guest.  Have a read of the link below if you are interested in specifying this on your listing:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1807

But you're right, there isn't much information on a potential guest so to avoid any bad surprises, I wouldn't allow Instant booking and then communicate with your potential guest via the message system to get to know them a little.

Happy hosting

Joëlle