sending a new inquiry to the host i've already messaged

Andrew1122
Level 1
Benenden, United Kingdom

sending a new inquiry to the host i've already messaged

Hi there - I am currently staying at an Airbnb, and i have agreed with the host another stay but cant send a new inquiry (with the new dates) that the host can send a new offer to.  HELP!

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Andrew1122,

Maybe (some off) the new dates are not available to book ?

But you can sent the host a message with the dates you wish, so he can sent you a special offer.

BTW if the new dates are an extension of your current stay, better use the "change reservation" option.

Best regards,

Emiel

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

why would you send a new inquiry @Andrew1122 just go into your booking and amend it for the extra day you want to stay, if it is available you should be able to do so easily, then the host just needs to accept the amendment if it is an extension of your current stay.

if it is not and the dates are available then you will need to call Airbnb or speak to your host and ask them to help you.

he said another STAY not another day. They don't let you send an inquiry if you've already had a conversation with the host in regards to a prior trip. For example, if you want to book another trip and stay at the same place a year after the first trip, you are expected to pay full price and can't recieve an offer from the host. 

the only way i was able to get around this probelm was by creating a new account! UNless you have the host's cell #. in that case, maybe just text them?