someone has already booked the room, then has texted repeatedly asking to go out of my boundaries?

Jeanine36
Level 1
Decatur, GA

someone has already booked the room, then has texted repeatedly asking to go out of my boundaries?

A guest booked with me for April for 4 nights.  I got a multiple texts later asking if he could stay for one night in March, but my minimum stay is 2 nights.  He repeatedly asked me to let him stay and then offered to pay me over my regular price in cash.  I ended up not responding to his last text and felt his persistance was way out of my comfort zone.  I now feel uncomfortable having him come stay in March and also fear he may give me a bad review as a result of my not agreeing to his request.  I want to add that I am a single woman and already feel vulnerable when I have a man come stay.  If I cancel will I be dinged or does Aribnb allow you to cancel when you feel uncomfortable or when they have gone out of the system?  

I now tell guests to only text me for emergencies and that I prefer we stay within the message system.

Thank you in advance for any advice or thoughts on this.

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jeanine36

Always stay within the message system - even if they text you - reply via the system.

I would phone airbnb and tell them why  you are not comfortable hosting this person - and ask them to find him alternative accommodation asap... Remember to also tell them that he is asking to give you cash outside the platform and that makes you even more nervous