state taxes

Jill1083
Level 1
Fort Collins, CO

state taxes

I called Airbnb and they said they are paying my state and city taxes, however I can not find where in the transactions.  

My bookkeeper is asking,  is this true and where do I find this info.

I do pay City Sales & lodging taxes.

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Have you looked at the Help Center articles about occupancy taxes?  I found this article using occupancy tax as search terms.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2509/in-what-areas-is-occupancy-tax-collection-and-remittance-by...

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jill1083 

Quoted from the HELP files:

"You can find collected occupancy taxes listed in the gross earnings section of the transaction history on host accounts. All guest receipts include occupancy taxes as a separate line item."

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jill1083 - Here's the path:

Insights (at the top) -> Earnings (on the left) -> (scroll down to) View transaction history -> Gross Earnings (at the top).  There you'll see each reservation listed with the occupancy taxes broken out, like this:

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 3.00.09 PM.png

Wilson-And-Emily0
Level 2
Williamsburg, VA

@Jill1083 

I hope you've figured this out by now, but you're likely double paying on your local taxes.  Airbnb collects both state and local taxes, but only remits in a lump sum to states.  The state has none of your personal account info so they are unable to pay the localities their share of the tax money.  I fortunately realized this early on in our hosting journey, my county treasurer told me they've never seen a dime from Airbnb, even though they'd been collecting the money from me.  Set your taxes manually, Airbnb can collect them but you should remit them yourself each month so you know the state and county are both getting their correct amounts.