stop receiving email when new message

Vassko0
Level 1
New York, NY

stop receiving email when new message

how can i stop receiving an email after ever message i receive? I do not want emails to arrive except when i have confirmed a reservation. many thanks!

21 Replies 21
Lisa362
Level 2
Washington, DC

Hi,

I just joined as a host.  I get emails and text from guests (potential and an accepted) and every time, Airbnb sends an emai telling me I can reply directly to the guest.  I know that already!  How do I stop Airbnb from sending these unncessary, redundant messages. It is very annoying.  

Thanks, Lisa

Ruzbeh0
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hi guys,

I was facing the same issues. Just filter the emails in gmail, yahoo or whatever you use as your email provider. You can create a folder and move them there automatically or just make gmail delete/archive them automatically. I put in the filter express@airbnb.com as the sender email address. All messages from hosts come from this address.

Good luck 🙂

Great idea! I talked with Airbnb about these issues and they said the business profile is very new and they have no way to accommodate my request to customize notifications at this time.

Premala0
Level 1
Rotterdam, Netherlands

I am joining the conversation a bit late but have recently also been bothered by all the emails I get. Airbnb creates its own problem by offering the options to click “no” when it comes to receiving emails, but none of it works. Even in their own words they create ambiguity. On their own site it says the following regarding your settings:

Receive messages from hosts and guests, including booking requests.

Email on/off

Reminders

Receive booking reminders, requests to write a review, pricing notices, and other reminders related to your activities on Airbnb.

Email on/off

and the following regarding notifications:

Turn off notifications

You can turn off most notifications in your notification settings. For text, push, phone and some email notifications, you can also take the following actions to turn them off:

Text (SMS): Reply STOP. To start receiving them again, reply START.

Emails: Click Unsubscribe in promotions and tips or policy and community email.

Push: In your mobile or tablet settings, turn off push notifications for the Airbnb app.

Phone: Ask the caller to remove you from receiving future calls for promotions and tips or policy and community.

To help ensure we can contact you with important information, you can’t turn off email notifications related to reservations, account activity, legal updates, security and privacy notices, and customer services requests.

So you can turn off notifications about requests, reminders, and reviews, but you are forced to receive “notifications related to reservations”. So I guess this includes a booking request, a booking confirmation, a 1 week reminder, a 24 hour reminder, then a review reminder after checkout, followed by two more review reminders a week later and 2 weeks later! 7 mandatory emails per guest!!! I mean seriously, can Airbnb make themselves look anymore ridiculous???

Ryan251
Level 1
Medfield, MA

I have notifications turned off and I just got an email sent to me at 2am "Reminding" me that I have a guest arriving in 8 days. Seriously Airbnb, wtf?

As a host I spend A LOT of time deleting never opened emails from airbnb, I deleted 7 emails midday only to come back and delete 3 more just now. I think I'm honestly gonna set it as spam because that is what it is. I have the app and I get everything double. Annoying af.

This complaint has been here for 6 years now,  a bit ridiculous, Airbnb, no?

Colton29
Level 1
Stuart, FL

I'm having the exact same issue. I receive about 15 new emails a day.

I've reached out to support three times now and haven't received any help. I keep getting connected to a pretentious woman that continues telling me to go into my account settings and turn off email notifications. The problem is both on my phone and computer, the option to turn off email is grayed out. She even called me to tell me how simple it is. But even after I sent a picture, she's not grasping that and keeps telling me that she can see it on her end lol.