super host status

Sissy13
Level 2
Martindale, TX

super host status

Hi

I have met all requirments for 2021 except one cancellation in February.  The reservation was actually moved by a day not cancelled.

Can someone please help me with this?

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sissy13 

If the reservation needs a change, then the "change" option must be used.

A cancellation does not affect Superhost status if cancellations do not exceed 1% of reservations

Thank you - The guest made the cancellation and re booked.

@Sissy13  Did the guest make the cancellation, or did you get a message saying the guest wants to cancel, which you accepted? If the latter, that is a very sneaky thing Airbnb does- it is registered as a host cancellation.

I would suspect this is what happened.

Whenever you get that message, always decline it and ask the guest to cancel from their end.

The guest cancelled and rebooked.  Thanks for your reply 🙂

@Sissy13  So you are saying you never received a message asking you to agree to the guest cancelling? 

If that is the case, then you shouldn't have any cancellation in your stats. And in fact, if it had gone down as a host cancellation, then "Host cancelled this reservation XX days before check-in" would appear on your review page, which it doesn't.

So this sounds like a tech glitch to me. Whether you want to spend time trying to get to the bottom of it with CS or not is up to you. But it will affect your ability to get Superhost until the April assessment next year.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Sissy13 Where does it say you fell short under your superhost stats?

https://www.airbnb.com/performance/superhost

That is the correct place. If you scroll down it has a box for each criteria. and minw were all met except the cancellations box.  Thank you for your reply.