super host

Deborah150
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

super host

I moved in to new apt a month ago, I was editing the list and wanted to get almost everything ready when my room is ready,  I made a mistake by on the instant booking first and block the date after. Unfortunately, I got a booking straight away. so I have to cancel the booking as my room is not ready by that time he book.  Is that meant I wont be able to be super host in the next assessmen?

5 Replies 5
Christie8
Level 1
Johannesburg, South Africa

I was not aware of instant booking which has caused a Gemma to instant book without consulting with me first, now my profile for my accommodation on my calender is showing that my place is taken but it is not taken its still available. Removed instant booking yet it still comes up as instant and the dates are still blocked. please help who can i conntact?

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Christie8 after you put your listing live didn't you look at it and see the big red button that says Instant Book? The information is at https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/523/what-is-instant-book. New hosts really need to read up a lot more about how the platform works before rushing in to host

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Deborah150 yes you will lose the ability to get SH status for a year and will have those dates blocked. You can read up on the other penalties at AirBnB Penalties . But you should be more concerned with reading up on the rules and how everything works before worrying about frippery like Superhost. But if you want to plead your case as a new host to Airbnb they might remove the penalties, particularly as it was instant book and you are a new host. The methods and contact numbers are at Contact Airbnb  and the Twitter method seems to get good results.

Jim-and-Marcia0
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

Welcome to Airbnb and the host community!

Be sure you learn how to be a host before jumping in. Read everything you can on the Airbnb platform and watch the instructional videos. If you can find an Airbnb SuperHost in your area who can mentor you, that could be a helpful.

Do not use the Instant Book feature until you know how it works and are comfortable with it.

Make sure your listing accurately reflects what you have to offer.

Speed up your timeline and get the room ready for the guest that booked it! That may be the easiest thing to do!

If you absolutely can't have the room ready in time, call the guest and call Airbnb and explain the situation. The guest may graciously agree to seek other lodging and Airbnb may graciously agree to refund their booking fee. Don't cancel as a host until you understand and the consequences.

Lastly, do you have the permission of your landlord to host Airbnb guests in your new apartment home? Read the terms of your rental agreement carefully. If you can't host in the space, you will need to de-list your offering.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

First Super Host is no big deal, but you need to walk before you run. I think it was a looong time before I realised there was such a thing as Super Host. Concentrate on the basics.

David