taxes and registration in Berlin

Taieb4
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

taxes and registration in Berlin

Hello everyone,

I am a new airbnb host. I am renting a room in my flat with less than 50% total surface. I got a registration number for my room after my first rental ( I didn't know that it was needed in the beginning). 

Now I found out that I also need to call the finanzamt in Marzahn-Hellersdorf for city tax declaration and also contact the finanzamt again to inform them that I am getting more revenue than my salary ( I am currently working fulltime, tax number 1). I read that I need to do that every 3 months. I am still on time as I started renting the room since  a bit less than 3 months.

I am missing anything else ? It feels like a nightmare of bureaucracy and paper,. Every time I find out that I am missing something else and I am really worried to get a fine. 

Hope someone can help me

thank you in advance

4 Replies 4
Patricia741
Level 10
Rösrath, Germany
Christa0
Level 10
Munich, Germany

@Taieb4, soweit ich weiß, gibt es in Berlin auch einen Homesharing Club. Vielleicht versuchst Du einfach dort Kontakt aufzunehmen? Da kann man Dir sicherlich mit dem Papierkram helfen. Kontaktdaten solltest Du einfach googeln.

Hana632
Level 1
Berlin, DE

How did you get a registration number? Which application did you use? And where did you apply?

Hi everybody,

I'm looking to connect with people who have successfully become legitimized and city approved AirBnB hosts here in Berlin, i.e. having a registration number (Registrierungsnummer) and all. The latest number of officially registered hosts that I could obtain is 3,200 and dates back to April 2019 (see https://www.rbb24.de/politik/beitrag/2019/04/berlin-airbnb-zweckentfremdung-verbot-ein-jahr.html).

Especially for tenants it's not easy to get necessary approval from landlords ...

It'd be great to connect with some of the more lucky ones here 🙂

Thanks,
Anton