the Airbnb Community Commitment

Answered!
Abigail3
Level 4
Winchester, United Kingdom

the Airbnb Community Commitment

Is anyone having problems with the "accept" button on the Community Committment pop up? No matter how many times I click on "accept" it just buffers for minutes and the whole site freezes so I can't do any business on my listing! This means I'm being late replying to possible booking enquiries - furious!!!

1 Best Answer
Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Abigail3 @Derek311 @Hans530 @Paul1978 @Ann489 

Sitewide glitch. A workaround that has worked for some is going directly

https://www.airbnb.com/hosting"

Do not press decline. This has led to some host accounts being cancelled. 

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Abigail3 YES! Me too!

Abigail3
Level 4

Thank you so much everyone who replied - always a comfort to know you're not the only one having the problem! I will try the helpful advice!

Jan8270
Level 2
Brisbane City, AU

Me too! I had back to back reservations and now lost some of them as the guests have panicked and booked elsewhere. What’s more is that Airbnb gave them their deposit back instantly, so I have totally lost them as guests! 

What happens now?? 

Deborah898
Level 2
Millgrove, AU

I pressed decline, no warning, no second chance and my account was cancelled. My 4 bookings were cancelled now I am over $1000 out of pocket. Have my account back but so far that is all. Very upset.

@Deborah898   I clicked "decline" as well,  just to see what would happen;  it simply took me to another screen, asking me to confirm--which I didn't do.    Are you saying that yours got canceled after one click?  Wow.  

Untold numbers of accounts cancelled, @Ann489 - hosts and guests - along with all upcoming bookings associated with the accounts. Yet another sh*t-show. 

@Deborah898 

Any luck with having your bookings reinstated? 

@Susan17   geez, that sounds like another fine mess, courtesy of Airbnb.  Not too surprised, though.  😕

Not yet, I just had this reply from help desk. -

We got an update from our engineering team. They currently working on it one by one. I will let you know once I heard anything from the our team again."

@Deborah898 

"Currently working on it one by one"?

Hmmm. Doesn't exactly inspire confidence, does it? 

Keep chasing CX, Deborah. Don't wait for them to come to you. Get your bookings reinstated asap, before your cancelled guests re-book elsewhere. Business is hard enough to come by without having to suffer arbitrary, needless cancellations, caused through no fault of your own whatsoever. Best of luck! 

I probably shouldn't be in this forum as I am not a host but a guest spending 5 weeks away in May2020, UK Ireland and Paris. I couldn't find any other place discussing this problem.

@Deborah898  This forum is open to hosts and guests alike, no problem. Hope you get your reservations re-instated. This is a terrible situation- I imagine many thousands of hosts and guests have been affected by this.

So sorry, @Deborah898 - I just read that you had 4 upcoming bookings cancelled, and jumped to conclusions that you're a host. My bad! Of course you can be on this forum - its open to everyone 🙂

That puts you in a little stronger position of having your bookings reinstated then, because it's less likely (though not impossible) that your dates have been rebooked at this point. Still, time is of the essence, so keep on them to get your bookings reconfirmed! 

Have you managed to contact your hosts at all? Did you have their details saved? 

Deborah898
Level 2
Millgrove, AU

I have been contacted by an Airbnb Senior case manager, very apologetic, assured me I would be fully refunded. Initially wanted me to rebook and then I would get refunded but first she wanted to speak to the hosts then would give me go ahead. This changed soon after and she rang to say I would be refunded immediately and strongly encouraged me to rebook with same  hosts and dates. I assumed this was probably a time factor for them with so many bookings to fix. I managed to rebook 3 of my previous 4 bookings. Overall I'm happy with Airbnb's speed of response and solution considering my bookings are in May, there must be a lot of more urgent lost bookings. Though I did manage to find a phone no. when my initial email failed to get a response, speaking to 'help' directly and following up with regular emails pushed things along. Thank you @Susan17 and @Sarah977 for your support it really helped.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Ann489 @Abigail3 @Deborah898 et all,

I've posted this in @Susan17 's thread already but I'll post it here too:

As you have reported, there was a technical bug that impacted a small number of hosts and guests on January 13. The bug has been resolved, but we know that some hosts might have lost access to their accounts or had cancelled bookings as a result.

Our customer support team has been working with impacted hosts and guests to make it right and is standing by to help those that are still having issues.We apologise for the inconvenience and, as always, thank you for jumping in to help and support others in the community.

Many thanks for your patience in this matter,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Abigail3
Level 4

Thank you Stephanie - good to know!