the host is missing in action

Answered!

the host is missing in action

Hi everyone, i joind  rbnb since 2017,not the 1st booking but 1st encounter such a host. so my story are, was going to fly out from where i live on the 7th and do mypcr on the 6th got the result tested positif corona. 

new rules from the indonesia had to be fully vaccinated as we had only 1 dose. and new rules from oman banned indonesia as the red country. great

i tried to ask the host what do i do she said i dont know, i contact rbnb,  no response, read through the list as they have(rbnb) i cancel under extenuating circumstances under covid policy wich is iam tested positif, since 10 days no reply, even the host after 72hrs dont reply the world is silent. i paid $2259 , i cant throw away just like that cos the host and rbnb didnt reply?

i call rbnb call center no answer

contact customer service since 10days no reply either 

contact the host asking about refund no reply, we are saving money to paid for our vacation, and they dissapear,

please help anyone? give me advice 

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ifianti0 testing positive would give you a full refund - not being able to travel would disqualify you from a full refund.

Strange that you happened to test positive just as you couldn't travel....

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Ifianti0 testing positive would give you a full refund - not being able to travel would disqualify you from a full refund.

Strange that you happened to test positive just as you couldn't travel....

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

@Ifianti0 @Mike-And-Jane0 
Does testing positive qualify for a refund? I would not expect so.
You have travel insurance for that. You cant expect a host to cover the risk that you turn ill, whatever the sickness.

@Bob297 Firstly if guest or hosts tests positive it is an Extenuating Circumstance and hence covered as a fully refunded cancellation. Secondly I challenge you to find any travel insurer who will cover Covid these days and finally Airbnb doesn't expect the host to cover the risk of any guest illness  - But they do cover Covid.

@Mike-And-Jane0 

I stand corrected as far as the extenuating Circumstance concerns; thank you for correcting that.

As far as travel insurance concerns: I spoke to my insurer yesterday.

If I'm too sick to travel, including covid, I will get a refund.

There won't be a refund if the destination country won't accept me or if I have to go in quarantine when I come back.

I still believe it's unfair that the host should carry the whole burden. It's bad luck for the guest, but as a host you cannot know how careful the guest was.
Maybe the guest was at Silverstone this weekend.

@Bob297  hi there what do u mean by burden the host and maybe the guest was at silverstone this weekend? i never reach the destination, never touch the place yet, the reservation in bali , i have to fly cos iam living overseas and required pcr negatif, wich is iam not. 1st i have to be quarantine before i reach the host house, my ticket is non refundable too, can u explain? i was asking any advice to solve the problem, cos no news from rbnb and the host either