the owner said they have blocked the house for that period that I have paid.. what should Ido now?

Margaret123
Level 1
Tawau, Malaysia

the owner said they have blocked the house for that period that I have paid.. what should Ido now?

Message from owner

previously advised the dates are not available . Angela and family are travelling in Southeast Asia and return to NZ later this month . She thought she had blocked out all dates from then on . I am not sure what your procedure is with Airbnb to withdraw your booking . If they need some confirmation from me let me knowfd

But my credit card was charged in full for 3 nights, if the house was blocked, why is that I can made the booking and payment went thru?

1 Reply 1
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

The host is the one responsible for cancelling your reservation since the host is the one who did not keep their calendar up to date.  I would instruct the host they need to cancel your reservation ASAP so your money is refunded.  If the host does NOT cancel your reservation, you need to call Airbnb to ask them to cancel on the host's behalf.  Note: You should get a FULL refund, as this was NOT your fault.  Do no cancel the reservation on your own, as you will NOT get your Airbnb fees back.

You'll need to Google for the Airbnb contact number in your country.