totally unsure about airbnb.com

totally unsure about airbnb.com

call me old, but I believe a company needs to be able to have contact information so I can call THEM and ask questions...

Is there anyway to do so? Community forums are nice, but seldom give me information on what I desire to learn.

12 Replies 12
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Darrin25 there are numbers to call Airbnb but you will actually get better answers to your questions here as the hosts/guests here actually use the platform on a daily basis.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Darrin25 

Airbnb is mainly an online platform.

Most answers can be found in the HELP files or in this community (use in both the search feature)

Or post your question here.

For issues you can contact Airbnb: Airbnb Help: contact , depending on your choices in the menu's you will end up in a chat seesion or provided a phone number.

An (old) list of phone numbers can be found here:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

@Darrin25  The customer service reps are barely even able to deal with real emergencies. They are not there to educate people on general information. Do your own research: https://www.airbnb.com/help

(You might actually find it easier just to enter your questions into Google)

Cause I'd much rather talk to a live person than a computer with a zillion conflicting answers... 🙂    If I could, I'd call ya'll to discuss this rather than type the message...   I dont live in a world where I sit behind a computer for days on end.. I go knock on peoples door and say 'howdy'!

Annnddd.... I have a medical issue that makes it very difficult to sit in a chair... and another one that messes with my ability to focus... thus it is difficult for me to read large amounts of text... whcih is why my responses are very short.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Darrin25 Then sadly I fear an online platform is not ideal for you.

I have a lot of sympathy - Recently our neighbours asked their alarm company for the alarm manual and were told it didn't exist beyond the online help pages.

Companies today just don't work in the way they did when I were a lad!!!

ok.. start from scratch. in small, short words.... how is Airbnb an online platform, and what exactly is an online platform?  To me an online platform is a board balanced on a tightrope.. 

@Darrin25 Think of Airbnb as an estate agent that rather than display their properties in a window they display them on a website. They advertise peoples properties, take money for bookings, tell the host there has been a booking and then it is up to the host to deliver what their property listing promised.

all I do in the world is tend 60 beehives, do woodworking, and tend a 7 acre wedding venue (www.avalonweddingsbcs.com) that we feel could be turned into a mini-hotel.. People suggested airbnb.. so since im a social recluse, I dont know anything about the internet... 🙂 I'm amazed I was even able to find this page..

qwefqwef

@Darrin25 If you can post here and attach your wedding location you have sufficient computer skills to host property on Airbnb.

@Darrin25 Why not hire a Co-host (assistant) to manage the online side of the business, so you can focus on the aspects of it that you're best at?