travel credit

travel credit

Hi, 

I just signed up using a friend's referral to get credit - this is the first time I'm using airbnb

yet I get the message: 

Travel credit not applied. Referral credit can only be claimed if you're new to Airbnb

why is this ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

@Jason288 - complete your profile and get your verifications.  At this point Airbnb thinks you've signed up previously which is why they won't extend you the credit for being a "new" user.  

Badis0
Level 1
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi, 

I've received the same notification when it was the first time I signed up to this website: 

"Travel credit not applied. Referral credit can only be claimed if you're new to Airbnb"

I went through the whole verification process. When is Airbnb going to apply it? 

thanks 

Hello @Badis0,

You'll have to contact Airbnb support to see why they think that you're not a new user.

Log in and click on "Help" and then type "contact airbnb" in the "Ask a question ..." box. Then click on the "I want to contact Airbnb" link.
Then click on the "Contact page" link near the end of the page.

You can also type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Špela2
Level 2
Komenda, Slovenia

Hi,

i have also a questions about travel credit.

I sent invitation to my friend and she got her travel credit (30 eur) when she booked her trip and now she is already completted her trip and i still did't get my credit. Where is the problem?

Also i send invitation to travel some other friend and she couldn't open my link and get her bonsu (she booked a house for 900 eur, so the amount is not the problem).

If i concluded i should already have 30 eur bonus and i still don't have nothing.

Thanks for your help,

Špela

I have the same issue, its a joke. Called and now have to wait up to 24 hours for them to confirm I'm a new user. crazy as I want to book something now, that's why my friend sent me the code