turn off email notifications for chats

Tommy1
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

turn off email notifications for chats

Is there a way to turn off email notifications of chats and ONLY recieve the chat messages through the Air BnB app?

34 Replies 34
Ash-and-Dasha0
Level 10
Redwood City, CA

Yes, you can opt out from receiving emails when guests inquire. On the full web account -> Notifications -> Uncheck the box for Receive Notifications for:

From hosts and guests
Screenshot 2015-12-26 20.10.14.png

If I uncheck the "Messages" part, would I still get the message through the Air BnB App?  It says "Applies to both text messages & push notifications.", so not sure if it would mute the app as well?

The bottom section is asking which notifications you want to get. The top two sections are asking about how you want to receive them. It's very simple. Check/uncheck how you want to receive them (push and/or text) and which notifications you want to receive.

How do I stop receiving emails for messages and booking requests, but still receive push notifications on the app?

All email boxes are unchecked.  I would like to receive 0 emails for anything.  Ever.

This doesn't solve the email problem.  Even if you uncheck both of those email boxes, you still receive an email for messages and booking requests.

Is there a way to receive notifications on the phone app, but not receive any emails at all?

This seems like a pretty simple thing to allow.

Tommy, did you find a solution to this?  

It's very difficult to explain to people that I'd like to receive push notifications on the app, but not receive emails notifications for messages or reservation requests.

There seems to be no current solution for this. A checkbox should be added to Email Preferences to turn off getting email versions of AirBnB chats. It's annoying to get notified twice if you don't want to. In fact, every option in the "Push Notifications" section should also be configurable in the "Email Settings" section.

Thomas105
Level 1
Salford, United Kingdom

The only thing i can think of to solve this problem is to block airbnb on your email service provider.

I use Gmail and I had to set up a filter to have everything bypass my inbox and get marked as read. I think it's kinda lame that Airbnb doesn't provide the option for people to select how they want to receive notifications. Getting double-pinged on my phone every time I get a message I get a buzz attack on my wrist via my watch. I understand that some people live through their inbox (personally, I don't understand why people are so attached to email, it's a hideous way to communicate), but not everyone needs to manage a zillion notifications. I only have two listings and managing them via the app is a better way to go for me and I can stay focused on the hyper-critical work related stuff in my inbox.

This can't be the only way to do it. That's ridiculous...

Thanks SO much for the idea. I too use gmail and will set up rules to stop this. It's so obnoxious to get all of your notifications twice.

I'm a frequent guest and conversations about where to go and times etc become notifications overload.

I'm confused about this setting. One section says "Receive Push Notifications to your iPhone, iPad or Android device." I made a few selections and unchecked a few others. All works as expected.

The next section says, "Email Settings"... I have no boxes checked. Yet my inbox is flooded with over 100 THREADS of emails from Airbnb in barely 2 weeks. Including each individual message, there has to be hundreds of emails.

How can a host disable email notifications? I love the push APP notifications and text for critical reservation updates but the emails for everything (especially the emails with copies of the in-app messages) is too much. 

How can we disable this?

Many thanks!

I have the same question and I'm amazed at some of the trolling stupidity disguised as answers. 

Joseph-and-Paula0
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Fed up with emails as well. I already have 4 accounts for 2 jobs. Dont want airbnb in there as well - thats why I have the app!!!